Windows 10: Is there a way to create my own expandable sub folders in start menu?

Discus and support Is there a way to create my own expandable sub folders in start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nordle_420D [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nordle_420D, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Is there a way to create my own expandable sub folders in start menu?

/u/Nordle_420D, Jun 18, 2022
  2. VroDAX Win User

Feedback: All Apps Start menu does not scroll properly when folder is expanded

I would like to report a bug in the scrollbar handling for the All Apps list in the Start Menu. When you expand one or more folders in the All Apps list the scrollbar does not track the mouse properly.

Duplication steps:

In the Start Menu click All Apps

Scroll down to the Windows Accessories folder and click on it to expand it.

Now, using the mouse, click and hold on the scrollbar button then scroll back and forth to the top and bottom of the list.

The mouse does not stay on the scrollbar as you scroll. In order to scroll all the way to the top or the bottom. You have to release the mouse button and click and hold again to scroll all the way to either end.

Most likely this occurs because the scollbar maximum property is not properly set when folders are expanded.

VroDAX, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    how to create sub-folders in the start menu

You can't create sub-folders for the Start Menu-All Apps, but you can create links for them.

Click on the link for the video and go to approximately 15:00

Start Menu Cleanup

Edwin, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Is there a way to create my own expandable sub folders in start menu?

Nested Start Menu folders

Is there a way to create sub folders in the Start Menu. I installed RSAT and it made a mess of the Start Menu I would like to cleanup.

Creating sub folders in %PROGRAMDATA% and %APPDATA% don't seem to work.

If you can't do that, should be a feature included in a newer release.

DarkRookie22, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way to create my own expandable sub folders in start menu?

1. Is there a way to create my own expandable sub folders in start menu? - Similar Threads - create own expandable

2. How to rename the sub-folder created in USER folder ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename the sub-folder created in USER folder ?: I don't know how but a sub folder in the USER folder is created with " ' " as the name of the folder instead of my username or system name. So whenever I was trying to install MySQL, it showed an error and now I had to install it in another folder where it's working fine. And...
  3. Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own: Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end up overlapping. I wondered if I just somehow moved them by accident I'm pretty sure I didn't and other strange things happen...
  4. Sub folders created in email.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sub folders created in email.: I have Microsoft email. I have created several folders to store emails I may need to retrieve. However, most of the emails I've moved to a different folder from the inbox have disappeared. How can I stop this happening, and retrieve previously stored emails?...
  5. script for opening a folder as sub-menu

script for opening a folder as sub-menu: Hello I'm looking for a script (.vbs or. Bat) that opens an existing folder as a sub-menu at mouse pointer location. or a script that opens a custom menu (included some shortcuts)at pointer. is it possible? My OS: win 10 1903 .268 154148
  6. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510
  7. Create folders in the start menu?

Create folders in the start menu?: I have tried creating a folder in every known location to get an additional folder to show up in the start menu so I can throw some games and what not under it...does anyone have any idea how to do this? I've tried creating a folder named "Games" in the following:...
  8. create folders in start menu to organize

create folders in start menu to organize: In W7 I have created folders in the start menu so I can organize by topic. I can't figure out if/how to do that in W10. Any clues? 7446
  9. how to create sub-folders in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create sub-folders in the start menu: I would like to organize my All Apps portion of the start menu in W10 as I did in W7. So far I have not figured out how to do this. There are a couple of problems. 1. Some programs just do not appear. I have one folder containing 3 shtcts. 2 appear and Uninstall does not. I...
  10. How to expand/contract start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to expand/contract start menu: Hi all. I was able to expand/contract the width and height of the statmenu. Now only height is expandable. I do NOT want full screen. The expand arrows show when I put cursor on right edge but am not able to "pull" edge to right to expand the size. Did the recent "major...