Windows 10: Is there a way to create separate desktops for different users of the same PC?

Discus and support Is there a way to create separate desktops for different users of the same PC? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to use separate desktops on different accounts pn the same PC without sharing filesand applications?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bnorene01, Dec 27, 2020.

1. bnorene01 Win User

Is there a way to create separate desktops for different users of the same PC?

Is there a way to use separate desktops on different accounts pn the same PC without sharing filesand applications?

:)

bnorene01, Dec 27, 2020

2. Separate User Account Desktops

I have a new laptop with Windows 10. My wife and I have multiple user accounts on the PC. Is it possible for each of us to have our own desktop screens and applications that we access when logging on. In Windows 7 it used to present separate logons
    for signing in. I set up different user accounts, but it always asks only for my account and thus one desktop version. Thanks

MichaelRamey, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Separate User Account Desktops

Hi Michael,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

What happens when you try to set up different desktop background and app for different users?

I suggest you to refer the section Get started with Themes and
    Change desktop background and colors in the link below and check if you are able to customize the desktop for different users.

Windows 10
    Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Is there a way to create separate desktops for different users of the same PC?

Desktop shows different shortcuts than Windows explorer desktop

Hello Glyn,

We regret for the inconvenience.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account. This will help us ascertain if the issue is user account specific.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to create separate desktops for different users of the same PC?

1. Is there a way to create separate desktops for different users of the same PC? - Similar Threads - create separate desktops

2. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  3. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  4. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  6. Two separate users on two different drives

Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  7. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  8. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  9. Create and separate access on user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create and separate access on user accounts: Hi folks! I have Windows 10 Professional on a laptop. Is there a possibility to separate accounts from each other as well as installation of programs, folders etc.? in a way that the programs/folders etc. only belong to one account and are not accessible from outside from...
  10. Create Completely Separate User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Completely Separate User: I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps, or anything with the first account. Is there a way to partition my drives in such a way? I want to have a fresh install of steam and use separate files from my main user so when I use mods for games...