Windows 10: Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909?

Discus and support Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a script that used to delete all wake timers, including the ones that get set anyway even when you disallow wake timers in the power settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909?

I have a script that used to delete all wake timers, including the ones that get set anyway even when you disallow wake timers in the power settings, and I have it running as a scheduled task. Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore because I have discovered that my computer is going to wake up in the middle of the night tonight (and wake me up) and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. Is there a way to kill all wake timers that still works in version 1909?

:)

ricecrispies, Mar 20, 2020

2. How to stop wake timers

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the issue to resolve.

To see a list of wake timers set on your computer, you can run the following command.

Note: this command must be run as Administrator.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type powercfg -waketimers and hit enter.

If a specific program is causing your computer to wake, you can uninstall it or adjust the scheduled task’s settings in the Windows task scheduler.

However, if you don’t want any programs waking your computer up automatically, you can disable wake timers entirely.

To do so,

• Press Start and Type Power Options and select it.
    • Click the Change plan settings link in the Power Options window.

Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909? 650x637ximage377.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic._BXVbM-ApT.png

• In the next window, click Change advanced power settings.

Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909? 650x637ximage378.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.QTB5u-R50e.png

• Expand the Sleep section, expand the Allow wake timers
      section, and ensure that wake timers are set to
      Disabled

Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909? 478x581ximage379.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.93O1oOlR6G.png

• Click OK and restart the machine. Check if the same issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 20, 2020
  3. r0k2 Win User
    Windows wakes up with Wake Timers set to off

Dear Geethu! Really thanks for such fast reply. But!

In other words - you don't know how to get rid of wake events! Did you underastand my question? How exactly your solution is helping in getting rid of wake events?

I do not want to troubleshoot power as I said before, I want Windows not to wake up no matter what is set in Allow Wake Timers setting. I want to turn off Wake Timers for real, once and for all, and forget about them for the rest of my life.

And the question (after applying your solution) still remains: why PC is waking up if Wake Timers are disabled?

Of course your solution is not working.

4. Gunstar Win User

Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909?

Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt?

Yeah that was one I had trouble with. The current "fix" is close Spotify before you put your machine to sleep. It will stay asleep as long as Spotify is closed!

Yeah exactly that. Not sure how to implement though sorry *Sad

Gunstar, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909?

1. Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909? - Similar Threads - delete wake timers

2. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  3. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  4. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to disable wake timers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to disable wake timers?: Is it safe to disable wake timers? I have the choice between no timers at all, or just important timers. Tired of my PC waking up during night. Thanks. submitted by /u/BuldozerX [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 version 1909 deleted all files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1909 deleted all files: Yesterday, as a result of a notification received from Windows 10 stating my version would terminate and I needed to update to version 1909, I proceeded to install the update. Much to my surprise, ALL my files have been deleted. At no time before or during the installation...
  7. How do I delete a wake timer created for startmenuexperiencehost?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete a wake timer created for startmenuexperiencehost?: I have a script running as a scheduled task that used to delete all wake timers, including the ones that ignored the setting in the power settings that specified that I really really really don't want any wake timers waking me up in the middle of the night. But now I'm on...
  8. Wake timers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake timers: Hey all, i was wondering about the wake timers in windows... my pc has been waking up in the middle of the night because of wake timers, and while i know how to disable them, i was wondering if there could be any adverse effects of doing this? The timers seem to be set by...
  9. How do you delete a wake timer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you delete a wake timer?: I've finally found a script that claims to stop Windows Update booting my machine when it is powered off by rendering the UpdateOrchestrator "reboot" scheduled task toothless. Maybe it will work. In the meantime the trouble is that I still have one wake timer that has already...
  10. Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt?: Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt? I am thinking specifically of wake timers created by Update Orchestrator, which cannot be permanently disabled no matter how many settings you alter (and believe me, I have spent hours and days trying to permanently stop my...