Windows 10: Is there a way to determine the exact size and save/modified date on files in OneDrive?

Discus and support Is there a way to determine the exact size and save/modified date on files in OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not that I don't trust MS or OneDrive, but is there a way to determine the EXACT size of a file saved on my OneDrive, as well as the Save or Modify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by roninrr2, Dec 29, 2018.

1. roninrr2 Win User

Is there a way to determine the exact size and save/modified date on files in OneDrive?

Not that I don't trust MS or OneDrive,

but is there a way to determine the EXACT size of a file saved on my OneDrive, as well as the Save or Modify date of the file on OneDrive - just to match it up with the files stored on my PC - so that I can be certain that the synced/duped file on OneDrive is indeed the same file I have on my computer (i.e. when I have the "Always keep on this device" option set).

Also, is there a way to get a tree structure display in OneDrive, similar to the folder and file structure I see in File Explorer.

Yes, I know - just trust MS (OneDrive) to take care of me, but I am not quite there yet - sorry.

ron in round rock

:)

roninrr2, Dec 29, 2018
  2. pintree3 Win User

How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough

I used SKTimeStamp to change the dates of a file. However, I noticed it could only change 3 dates:
    Date Created
    Last Modified
    Last Accessed
    A search for such a utility often suggests "BulkFileChanger (BFC)" which seems to do the exact same thing: only these 3 dates.
    However, if I right click on a file, for example a Word file, there 2 other dates listed:
    Content Created
    Date last Saved

Hence the above two utilities are not good enough. Is there a utility (or way) out there to change all dates including the last 2 mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

pintree3, Dec 29, 2018
  3. 409409409 Win User
    Sort files AND folders by "Date Modified" in File Explorer

Hello,

Is there a way to sort folders and individual files by "Date Modified" together? Right now, when I sort by "Date Modified," folders are automatically put at the bottom below files, even if they have been modified more recently than a file. When I'm quickly
    scanning a list, this is very distracting. How can I fix this?

409409409, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Is there a way to determine the exact size and save/modified date on files in OneDrive?

Is there any way of determining the size of a file on a particular date in the History Backup file without fully restoring the file?

Is there any way of determining the size of a file on a particular date in the History Backup file without fully restoring the file?

When I restore file, very often I have backed up the bad file several times before I realize the problem and want to restore. But then I do not know how far back I have to go to get the right file. However in some situations II can tell by the size of
    the file. So I would like to be able to look at the size of a file in the history file when the file is a type that cannot be previewed.

Lewis D. Eigen, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to determine the exact size and save/modified date on files in OneDrive?

1. Is there a way to determine the exact size and save/modified date on files in OneDrive? - Similar Threads - determine exact size

2. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  3. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  4. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  5. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  6. The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save.: The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save. Everything I have downloaded and saved today 03/10/2021 from 9:30am - now - 12:41pm is dated 1/16/2008 with times starting at 4:13pm. Please advise....
  7. OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified

OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified: How do I stop OneDrive from changing the 'date modified" to todays date when I just open but don't modify a file or when I move a file or folder to another folder....
  8. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  9. Is there any way of determining the size of a file on a particular date in the History...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any way of determining the size of a file on a particular date in the History...: Is there any way of determining the size of a file on a particular date in the History Backup file without fully restoring the file? When I restore file, very often I have backed up the bad file several times before I realize the problem and want to restore. But then I do...
  10. save a sticky note the exact way i left it? (font+size)

save a sticky note the exact way i left it? (font+size): as the title says, i was wondering if i can make windows save the font and text size that i left it on on shutdown. windows only saves the text and font style but not the size. 50763