Windows 10: Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup?

Discus and support Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Samsung SF350 27 Inch LED Monitor, and every time I go to the computer after the display has gone to sleep, it pops up an annoying OSD for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stigg, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Stigg Win User

Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup?

I have a Samsung SF350 27 Inch LED Monitor, and every time I go to the computer after the display has gone to sleep, it pops up an annoying OSD for about 10 seconds. I don't need it to pop up every time it wakes from sleep.

Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup? [​IMG]

Is there any way to disable it?
    I have gone through the settings, but I can't see anything.

:)

Stigg, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When you mention “Desktop is messed up” are you referring to dell monitor?

Is the text and display is messed up or the desktop content moves to different screen?

If you are not using the third monitor, you can change the primary monitor to anyone of the other monitor and disconnect the monitor that is not in use.

To do this, you can follow the steps below.

Method 1:

1. You can navigate to
      Settings > System > Display.

2. You will see all your monitors are numbered.
    3. Under the Select and rearrange displays.
    4. Click and select the display that you want to set as main display.
    5. Scroll down and check the box
      Make this my main display under Multiple display.
    6. After that try to disconnect the monitor that you don’t use.
    7. If you monitor screen is switched or the display is in wrong screen.
    8. You can select the screen numbered and drag it to the correct number under the
      select and rearrange display.

If the content of the Dell monitor is messed up, you can try the following troubleshooting.

Method 2:

1. You can try to check
      How to Troubleshoot Display or Video Issues on a Dell Monitor
      , I suggest you
      not to performRestore your PC to factory defaults”
      from the above article.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jun 21, 2020
  4. monim1 Win User

Tweaktown popup to disable adblocker?

Using adblocker is the simplest way but if the site urges to disable the adblocker, then I block the popups

monim1, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup? - Similar Threads - Disable Monitor's Auto

2. Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter: Hello Getting a problem in my PC which has fed me up ... I was using i3-1200f with AMD firepro m4900 for temporary use , will upgrade to 3060 in a week or two , So as F series cpu does not come with iGpuI accidentally Disabled Display adapter from device manager which Iam...
  3. Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter: Hello Getting a problem in my PC which has fed me up ... I was using i3-1200f with AMD firepro m4900 for temporary use , will upgrade to 3060 in a week or two , So as F series cpu does not come with iGpuI accidentally Disabled Display adapter from device manager which Iam...
  4. Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10: So the previous thread for this was disabled, with the last update being in 2019... but it's STILL an issue in 2021?! There still doesn't seem to be a way to disable TMM?Whenever my PC goes to sleep, or locks, it moves EVERYTHING to one of the screens, in addition to that, my...
  5. Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?: In the words of u/24luej My Windows 10 installation (Ver. 1903) keeps changing the default audio output device from my internal soundcards' headphones out to another one when a sound device is plugged in or connected, like my bluetooth headphones. This is fairly annoying as...
  6. Is there a way to disable that annoying popups in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable that annoying popups in taskbar?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/h185nzoiwdp61.png?width=410&format=png&auto=webp&s=73423bed2c13f48265cdc132b46cb0cf786ea3ab submitted by /u/leonorino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mdq49i/is_there_a_way_to_disable_that_annoying_popups_in/
  7. Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup?: I have a Samsung SF350 27 Inch LED Monitor, and every time I go to the computer after the display has gone to sleep, it pops up an annoying OSD for about 10 seconds. I don't need it to pop up every time it wakes from sleep. [img] Is there any way to disable it? I have...
  8. Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for one device?

Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for one device?: My wireless network device can't work after windows auto update the driver. Whenever windows update, I have to manually downdate this device to a lower version to get it work normally. Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for wireless network device?...
  9. Disable Monitor Auto Detect

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Monitor Auto Detect: Hello Microsoft. A few days ago, I bought a new desktop. The PC is from HP, the video card is a GeForce RTX 2060 and both monitors are Samsung CJG52. The main monitor is connected by the DisplayPort input and the second monitor is connected by the HDMI input. The problem is...
  10. Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10: I use 3 monitors right now. 2 of them are working great but the main one is having a problem. when I turn off my primary monitor (Dell s2716dg) the pc does not recognize the monitor and all my desktop is messed up. I found people are talking about disabling the monitor auto...