Windows 10: Is there a way to disable caps lock uppercasing letters while also keeping it bindable in...

Discus and support Is there a way to disable caps lock uppercasing letters while also keeping it bindable in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't use it often and it's also easily accessible with my hand. submitted by /u/Igorzlasu [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Igorzlasu, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Is there a way to disable caps lock uppercasing letters while also keeping it bindable in...

I don't use it often and it's also easily accessible with my hand.

submitted by /u/Igorzlasu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Igorzlasu, Dec 11, 2019
  2. relwood Win User

Disable Cap Locks

I want to disable CAP LOCK in windows can somebody give me step by step instructions

relwood, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

On previous versions of Windows there have been easy ways to disable the Caps Lock key to avoid typing text thAT SUDDENLY TURNS TO Caps when you accidently hit the Caps Lock key.

These approaches do not appear to work for a Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10. One registry-based approach that no longer works is

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-annoying-caps-lock-key-in-windows/
    . Another program that doesn't work is the ancient PC Magazine utility TradeKeys that worked on Windows 7:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,19645,00.asp

This problem is particularly annoying on the Surface Pro 2 because there is almost no space between the keys on the keyboard and one frequently hits an adjacent key by mistake. There, Caps Lock is adjacent to the letter A key

Does anyone know a good way of disabling Caps Lock on Windows 10 that doesn't involve using glue?

Mickey Segal, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Is there a way to disable caps lock uppercasing letters while also keeping it bindable in...

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to disable caps lock uppercasing letters while also keeping it bindable in...

1. Is there a way to disable caps lock uppercasing letters while also keeping it bindable in... - Similar Threads - disable caps lock

2. Disable cap locks in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable cap locks in game: So I want to play games that use cap lock but the function picture thingy shows up and I don't want to remap it because its more convenient. If there's a way to disable it when playing games please let me know. I still want to use it but I don't want the pop up during games...
  3. Disabling this caps lock option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling this caps lock option: I've been trying to follow the other tutorials and they've reached me to no result please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-this-caps-lock-option/4120cabd-355c-4079-828c-597aa1cf132a
  4. Disabling this caps lock option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling this caps lock option: I've been trying to follow the other tutorials and they've reached me to no result please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-this-caps-lock-option/4120cabd-355c-4079-828c-597aa1cf132a
  5. only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...: I am using dell external keyboard for my laptop i dont know what buttons i have pressed now even if caps lock is off only letter A is typing in capital letter and others are working properly even when i am pressing shift key it is automatically typing A letter....
  6. only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...: I am using dell external keyboard for my laptop i dont know what buttons i have pressed now even if caps lock is off only letter A is typing in capital letter and others are working properly even when i am pressing shift key it is automatically typing A letter....
  7. only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Least complicated way to disable the caps lock key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Least complicated way to disable the caps lock key?: Just got a new Thinkpad and keep accidently hitting the caps lock. On my old laptop I simply popped the key off, but I hate to that to a brand new computer. There must be a software way to do it? Thank you! submitted by /u/AKSupplyLife [link] [comments]...
  9. Too much UPPERCASE/CAPS everywhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much UPPERCASE/CAPS everywhere: HelloI see much typos already some system folder/files are only UPPERCASE, it's like the system is screaming too you.If I run command prompt/powershell with admin, it start with C:\WINDOWS\system32 instead of C:\Windows\System32some application executables .exe files are...
  10. Enable or Disable Require Uppercase Letters for PIN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Require Uppercase Letters for PIN in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Require Uppercase Letters for PIN in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services....