Windows 10: Is there a way to disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 didn't originally have this feature, but one of the updates made it so that pressing A on a gamepad (Logitech's old school one, XBox 360, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bitcoinweasel, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Is there a way to disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI?

Windows 10 didn't originally have this feature, but one of the updates made it so that pressing A on a gamepad (Logitech's old school one, XBox 360, or XBox 1) counted as clicking on the currently highlighted item. It also made the DPad navigate in menus, and other changes.

This might be a nice feature for some, but I use a custom program to treat my gamepad as a mouse, and this change really messed with that. Is there a registry key or setting that I can change to stop this behavior?

Thanks

:)

bitcoinweasel, Aug 14, 2018
  2. KrittiY Win User

disable xbox360 driver for gamepad

hi,

i'm a disabled gamer and i usually configure my gamepad through a software called xpadder. however, with newer games, the gamepad is automatically recognized as an xbox360 controller and hence uses the pre-configured settings that come with the games. is
    there a way to install my gamepad as a generic "non" xbox360 controller so i can manually configure the buttons? all i ever use is the d-pad to replicate wsad for movement and i use a mouse with the other hand.

thanks,

KrittiY, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Is there a way to disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI?

windows 10 gamepad problem

Hi Malav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

After going through the following link I understand that your Gamepad is only compatible with Windows Vista or older versions. Therefore, it will not work in Windows 10.

http://www.enter-multimedia.com/gamepad_single_vibration.html

However, you may download the driver from the following link and run the driver using Windows 10 Compatibility troubleshooter.

http://www.enter-multimedia.com/support.html

Click on USB Gamepad, download the driver and then follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

You may also refer the link below for more help.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10 in the above link)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI?

1. Is there a way to disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI? - Similar Threads - disable gamepads interacting

2. Microsoft is improving the way you interact with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving the way you interact with Windows 10: Microsoft is now testing a new Windows 10 feature called ‘voice launcher’ which could improve the way you interact with your apps and files. The overhauled search experience will also power the search box in the Settings app, Windows File Explorer and Windows Search (search...
  3. How to Disable the Windows 10 UI Support for Controllers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable the Windows 10 UI Support for Controllers: I have a DualShock 4 controller and use DS4Windows with a couple of custom profiles to get the controller to work with Windows not just games and I've found that Windows 10 now has built in support for selecting elements in UWP apps using the controller. For example, if I...
  4. Windows 10 UI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 UI: Hello Everyone, In tech Evolution of Windows 10, it has improved significantly in its performance and other features gone way above heights than expected. Even have tried to improve the improve in a progressive manner along with certain key tweaking accepting suggestions...
  5. Is there any way to access Windows 10 Calendar UI

Is there any way to access Windows 10 Calendar UI: I was planning to create an app that allowed the user to customize how their calendar looked, by being able to change how all the days look, change the font, and even add a whole new section that holds a picture ( similar to the layout of real-life calendars). However, I am...
  6. Is there any way to change UI font in Windows 10 ?

Is there any way to change UI font in Windows 10 ?: Registry updating method is not working for me :/ submitted by /u/bottomtextboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fw6wsj/is_there_any_way_to_change_ui_font_in_windows_10/
  7. Gamepad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamepad: I'm having a problem with my gamepad.I went to device manager and found the device and in it's properties,general,device status i saw this: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed. I've...
  8. Gamepad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamepad.: Evining. I am having a problem with my gamepad. A few days ago it was working fine without problems and recently it stoped working. When i plug it in on my laptop my laptop doesnt even respond to show that im pluging in a device and the gamepad just vibrates untill i unplug...
  9. Ways to disable Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ways to disable Windows 10 updates: The symptoms are getting worse... My laptop restarts for updates every 2-3 days now, during "active hours" and without notice. There seems to be no willingness from Microsoft to address this in the future. I have lost so much work and productivity already that the time has...
  10. Why is W10 so inefficient on some UI interactions?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is W10 so inefficient on some UI interactions?: With the anniversary update, the performance on my netbook has worsened, this is relating mainly to display and UI animations. In my netbook, how it's possible that simply running the mouse over the Start menu's items or scrolling through the app list is so sluggish and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable gamepad windows 10

2. disable game controller windows 10

3. how to disable gamepad mode windows 10

4. windows 10 disable game pad,
  5. disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI,
  6. windows 10 ui gamepad,
  7. how to disable gamepads windows 10