Windows 10: Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I only use my search bar to locate local files and never want it to search online unless I’m using my web browser. Every solution I see online is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/loki0203, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

I only use my search bar to locate local files and never want it to search online unless I’m using my web browser. Every solution I see online is either very outdated or involved messing with the registry.

submitted by /u/loki0203
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/loki0203, Dec 1, 2020

2. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Search bar doesn't search internet

The Search bar/button (next to the Start menu button) no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something
    change that disabled that? Is there a way to turn it back on?

ReadyOrNot, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

1. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar? - Similar Threads - disable internet searches

2. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  3. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  4. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar: Hi, is there any way to disable all these things which are marked in red on the image? My search bar is very slow due to my very very low PC specifications. On top of that, all this random stuff that I do not require is shown. I only want a search bar like how it was in...
  6. Search Bar appearing in a strange way

Search Bar appearing in a strange way: My search bar is sometimes appearing in a strange way as shown in the image below.However, once I press the Windows Start button, it goes back to normal as show in the image below.But it still goes back to appearing the way it does in the first image sometimes. Please help me...
  7. No way to show search bar on

No way to show search bar on: I updated my windows pc today and when I opened it my search bar was gone. "Oh, this happened before ill just right-click the taskbar and turn the search box on and it will be sol-" nope the option is gone. I know it gives me more space in my taskbar but i had it the other...
  8. Search bar doesn't search internet

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't search internet: The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that...
  9. DisableSearchBoxSuggestions disables task bar search

in Cortana
    DisableSearchBoxSuggestions disables task bar search: Hello community, Just got updated to windows 10 1903 and found out that DisableSearchBoxSuggestions will also disable search in task bar. I added the below key as i prefer the search history doesn't show in Explorer...
  10. Internet search not working from the search task bar

Internet search not working from the search task bar: Hi, internet search is not working when I ask a question in the task bar from windows. It was working before but not cannot search anything. Could you tell me how can I fix this please? (Please open my attachment.)[ATTACH]...