Windows 10: Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I only use my search bar to locate local files and never want it to search online unless I’m using my web browser. Every solution I see online is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/loki0203, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

I only use my search bar to locate local files and never want it to search online unless I’m using my web browser. Every solution I see online is either very outdated or involved messing with the registry.

submitted by /u/loki0203
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/loki0203, Dec 1, 2020

2. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Search bar doesn't search internet

The Search bar/button (next to the Start menu button) no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something
    change that disabled that? Is there a way to turn it back on?

ReadyOrNot, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

1. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar? - Similar Threads - disable internet searches

2. Search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar: I turned on my PC. It stayed blank, so I restarted it. This time, it finished an update and let me login. Disaster struck when I was searching using Search bar. It won't let me type, and it shuts itself off whenever I launch it. Need help ASAP....
  3. Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar: I have a search bar at the top of my screen when I'm in any app or even at the desktop, and I can't get rid of it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar/986acabe-d5b9-4527-917f-7831e321e382
  4. Search bar doesn't search internet

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't search internet: The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that...
  5. search bar

search bar: My search bar doesn't works on start menu, when I type an app name, it doesn't writes, kindly help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar/5082e3b1-b13f-467c-8991-2779b297d405
  6. search bar

in Cortana
    search bar: I can type a word in my search bar but it does not bring anything up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar/3e69f49c-fafd-4b97-a0b7-36b57b0f378b"
  7. Searching with the Bing Search bar

Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  8. DisableSearchBoxSuggestions disables task bar search

in Cortana
    DisableSearchBoxSuggestions disables task bar search: Hello community, Just got updated to windows 10 1903 and found out that DisableSearchBoxSuggestions will also disable search in task bar. I added the below key as i prefer the search history doesn't show in Explorer...
  9. Internet search not working from the search task bar

Internet search not working from the search task bar: Hi, internet search is not working when I ask a question in the task bar from windows. It was working before but not cannot search anything. Could you tell me how can I fix this please? (Please open my attachment.)[ATTACH]...
  10. Failed to search in search bar

in Cortana
    Failed to search in search bar: Hello, I am running Win10 Home and I just discovered today that its search bar can't perform searching. Each time I have to restarted the Windows Explorer through Task Manger to make the search run again. I don't have Cortana. It is not seen in the Task Manager. I have...