Windows 10: Is there a way to disable online seach in windows desktop search thanks

Discus and support Is there a way to disable online seach in windows desktop search thanks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; thanks submitted by /u/jedai47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifo1i8/is_there_a_way_to_disable_online_seach_in_windows/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jedai47, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable online seach in windows desktop search thanks

/u/jedai47, Aug 24, 2020

2. Windows 7 Club

How do I disable the Experience/Assessment Index tool?

If you want to disable winSAT.exe then do the following:

Step 1. Go to Task Scheduler. You simply type it in the search box.
    Step 2. Browse to Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance by clicking on the arrow for Task Scheduler Library folder with the clock on it.
    Step 3. Disable the task named WinSAT. Which is found to the right in a small boxed window. Right click on the word WinSAT and select disable.

As for the changing desktop if you want to prevent it from shuffling do the following:
    -right click on desktop
    -click on Personalization
    -click on Desktop Background
    -Uncheck Shuffle

EastCoasthandle, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Is there a way to disable online seach in windows desktop search thanks a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Is there a way to disable online seach in windows desktop search thanks

Disable Web Search when I hit Windows Key to Search my Computer

Hi Larry,

To be able to disable the Web Search when using the searchbox, you need to turn off Cortana. The searchbox will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Ask me anything." It will be more responsive and only show results from your hard drive or local network. To
    do this, you can follow the steps below:

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable online seach in windows desktop search thanks

1. Is there a way to disable online seach in windows desktop search thanks - Similar Threads - disable online seach

2. Windows Search Service need to be restarted to perform a seach

in Cortana
    Windows Search Service need to be restarted to perform a seach: Hello,i've problem on 3 computers with last Windows 10 update install.When performing a search using Explorer it give you always "couldn't find anything".If i reboot the Windows search service, it can search correctly. After moving in another folder problem restart and i need...
  3. Windows Search Service need to be restarted to perform a seach

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Service need to be restarted to perform a seach: Hello,i've problem on 3 computers with last Windows 10 update install.When performing a search using Explorer it give you always "couldn't find anything".If i reboot the Windows search service, it can search correctly. After moving in another folder problem restart and i need...
  4. Windows Search Service need to be restarted to perform a seach

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?: I only use my search bar to locate local files and never want it to search online unless I’m using my web browser. Every solution I see online is either very outdated or involved messing with the registry. submitted by /u/loki0203 [link] [comments]...
  6. Disable enter to seach explorer

Disable enter to seach explorer: did anyone know how to disable need to enter when searching for file in explorer like in windows 7? submitted by /u/Budwhy7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic4z9a/disable_enter_to_seach_explorer/
  7. Looking for the best way to seach inside files content

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for the best way to seach inside files content: which 3rd party software can do it the best way? "Everything" app is search forever and halt. 162441
  8. Why are all File Seaches not "Wild Card" searches?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are all File Seaches not "Wild Card" searches?: Something that has plagued me since I began using Windows 10 is how awful the file search function is. In EVERY case I use the file search function it is to locate a specific file within a singular folder with only a partial name, and each time I was mystified as to why it...
  9. Windows search - How do I disable online search?

Windows search - How do I disable online search?: All of the old fixes don't work, and google is only showing me results from 2-3 years ago. Thanks in advance if you can help submitted by /u/peoplepersons123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fugv1n/windows_search_how_do_i_disable_online_search/
  10. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...