Windows 10: Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable per app volume control? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day all, I'm running Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there is a way to disable per app volume control, or in lieu of that locking certain apps to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hishighness420, May 19, 2017.

1. Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

Good day all, I'm running Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there is a way to disable per app volume control, or in lieu of that locking certain apps to the main system volume?

Is there a way to disable per app volume control? [​IMG]

As you can see in the picture each program I have has its own volume setting. This would be OK except Chrome constantly gets left softer than my other programs so I constantly have to open the volume mixer and set it to the correct level. I'm hoping there's a way to disable this.

Thanks for your time.

:)

hishighness420, May 19, 2017
  2. Jaxilian Win User

Is there a way to disable hardware volume buttons in locked state?

It must be a very big design fault if you cannot prevent the ring signal from lowering accidentally when it's a locked state.

I hope Windows phone 10 won't have this embarrasing error or I will switch to another platform.

Jaxilian, May 19, 2017
  3. farby Win User
    Is there a way to disable hardware volume buttons in locked state?

Actually the volume can't change when the device is in 'Locked' state (Black screen). It only becomes active when the display turns ON either by pressing the Power button or Double tap(depending on the phone) ..

farby, May 19, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

Mine works okay with one or two muted.

Edwin, May 20, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    If settings don't work for you there's always the multimedia keyboards that have a Mute key along with volume controls, I use a Microsoft Keyboard, easy to just hit the key when not wanting sound.

Berton, May 20, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Gosh! I didn't think the Volume Mixer could get this extensive!!!

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

1. Is there a way to disable per app volume control? - Similar Threads - disable per app

2. How do I disable per-app brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable per-app brightness?: I use a windows laptop and it seems like every application "remembers" the brightness it was at. If I launch a game, say, TF2, the brightness suddenly drops down to minimum. When I then launch it when my windows brightness is low, say in the evening, the brightness suddenly...
  3. How do I disable per-app brightness?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable per-app brightness?: I use a windows laptop and it seems like every application "remembers" the brightness it was at. If I launch a game, say, TF2, the brightness suddenly drops down to minimum. When I then launch it when my windows brightness is low, say in the evening, the brightness suddenly...
  4. Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls?

Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls?: How do I disable this volume pop-up without disabling the media key handling? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-way-to-remove-the-volume-pop-up-without/757b08d9-a66b-4c49-8931-daf09ba50b9a
  5. App volume and device preferences doesn't remember device per App

App volume and device preferences doesn't remember device per App: Hi, I've got a little problem with audio in Win10 19042.906. The "App volume and device preferences" doesn't remember the Audio output device for the Application. Although it shows in the settings that the output is Set as I select, the Output is the same as the Default...
  6. The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar

The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar: After doing the November 2020 update, I cannot right or left click on the volume control on the taskbar to change the volume. I use this constantly so this is a bummer. I have to go to settings to change the volume currently which is quite inconvenient. Anyone having the...
  7. any way to override the master volume control?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    any way to override the master volume control?: My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue. Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume. I tried a usb audio controller and even...
  8. How to disable the large volume control?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the large volume control?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MeronDC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/had5u7/how_to_disable_the_large_volume_control/
  9. Disabling volume control on Bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling volume control on Bluetooth keyboard: I need to disable the volume control button on my microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard, how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-volume-control-on-bluetooth-keyboard/b964068f-eb0b-4ac1-9855-273f6f5e3889
  10. Any way to disable a controller button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable a controller button?: I have a USB connected controller. There is one button on the controller that is faulty and switches itself on when I'm not expecting it. I would like to find a way to disable this particular button. I can see the specific button when I'm in Windows USB game controller...