Windows 10: Is there a way to disable powershell?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable powershell? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've come across Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 this but nothing much for powershell. There are a few policy tweaks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yesir360, Jun 27, 2021.

1. yesir360 Win User

Is there a way to disable powershell?

I've come across Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 this but nothing much for powershell. There are a few policy tweaks online that don't seem to work, but not sure about registry tweaks (and w10 home doesn't have group policy). Any other possibilities?

:)

yesir360, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 27, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    How to disable powershell in Windows 10 Home?

How do you /can you/ disable it?

I think you've shown the dialogue where you could remove it as a feature. I strongly suggest you don't- that's the wrong approach to the underlying problem.

That's odd. Please post a screenshot or photo. Seems you have an unwanted startup. You should be able to disable that once you know the source, which might be shown in your task manager startup list, or could even be a scheduled task.

To post a screenshot please use the icon above your post with tooltip 'Insert Image'.

If that's the irritant, it's not behaviour I recognise, so should be possible to solve.

Version of Powershell:
    Ignore the strange name
    Page not found - Winaero

Mine's 5.1.18362.628 on 1903.
    I'd guess that Powershell 2 listed in the CPanel is an oversight. Remember MS is focussing on moving things to Settings.

dalchina, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Is there a way to disable powershell?

Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this?

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which applications are you trying to uninstall?
    2. Is your device connected to domain?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

I suggest you to refer the article How to disable automatic
    proxy caching in Internet Explorer
    for the
    steps.

Note: method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Link: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

You may also refer the article ‘Scripting
    : Toggle proxy server in IE settings with PowerShell

as an additional information.

You may also post your query in IT
    TechNet forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to suggest you with the further steps to disable proxy with PowerShell.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to disable powershell?

1. Is there a way to disable powershell? - Similar Threads - disable powershell

2. PowerShell Script to find out Inactive users for 90 days and disable and move them to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Script to find out Inactive users for 90 days and disable and move them to the...: Hi Guys, I want to automate the following process with a PowerShell script in the Domain Controller, Windows Server 2019.1. Find out all the users who have not logged in using the AD account in the last 90 days, disable them, and move them to the disable OU.I ran the...
  3. PowerShell Script to find out Inactive users for 90 days and disable and move them to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell Script to find out Inactive users for 90 days and disable and move them to the...: Hi Guys, I want to automate the following process with a PowerShell script in the Domain Controller, Windows Server 2019.1. Find out all the users who have not logged in using the AD account in the last 90 days, disable them, and move them to the disable OU.I ran the...
  4. PowerShell script to disable/enable usb storage in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell script to disable/enable usb storage in windows: Hello,can someone please help me with a PowerShell script, which will disable usb storage.requirements:1 everything should be done through PowerShell script2 already installed usb should not be accessible 3 not ready to install any 3rd party application4 Restarting pc is not...
  5. PowerShell script to disable/enable usb storage in windows

PowerShell script to disable/enable usb storage in windows: Hello,can someone please help me with a PowerShell script, which will disable usb storage.requirements:1 everything should be done through PowerShell script2 already installed usb should not be accessible 3 not ready to install any 3rd party application4 Restarting pc is not...
  6. PowerShell script to disable/enable usb storage in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Disable UAC using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable UAC using powershell: Hi team, I have a script that runs via task scheduler for the script to run it has to open powershell as adminso the issue is when the script runs during the schedule, there is a popup that wants the user to click ok to open powershell as adminis there a script that i can add...
  8. Disable UAC using powershell

Disable UAC using powershell: Hi team, I have a script that runs via task scheduler for the script to run it has to open powershell as adminso the issue is when the script runs during the schedule, there is a popup that wants the user to click ok to open powershell as adminis there a script that i can add...
  9. Disable UAC using powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows Powershell keeps trying to activate despite being disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Powershell keeps trying to activate despite being disabled.: I have very recently been having the issue of Windows Powershell starting up when I turn on my laptop and it attempts to pop up about once every 10 minutes there after. I have tried disabling it with a restart but it still persists, and prompts a win unasom w/e warning from...