Windows 10: Is there a way to disable security notifications?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable security notifications? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get repeated popups telling me to check my antivirus software I have Fprot and Malwarebytes running in addition to Windows Defender and I must have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bill Levinson, May 10, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable security notifications?

I get repeated popups telling me to check my antivirus software I have Fprot and Malwarebytes running in addition to Windows Defender and I must have clicked on "See fewer notifications" a hundred times by now. All this is is noise and jabber; is there a way to simply turn these notifications off???

:)

Bill Levinson, May 10, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, May 10, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    no update notification

Hi Kent,

One possible cause why you're unable to receive notification is due to wrong configuration settings. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to receive notification before?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Security and Maintenance.
    • Choose Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Put a check on the check box.
    • Click OK.

This will allow you to disable/enable specific types of messages, including messages about Windows Update, Internet security settings, User Account Control, Windows Backup, and more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 10, 2020
  4. Is there a way to disable security notifications?

Security Centre

Hi Philip,

If you'd like to disable the "Actions recommended" notification, we suggest that you try the these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager and go to the Startup
      tab.
    • Locate Windows Defender notification icon and disable it.
    • Once you are done, restart your PC check if the notification will still appear.
    Feel free to post back for the end result.

Jennifer Cha, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable security notifications?

1. Is there a way to disable security notifications? - Similar Threads - disable security notifications

2. False Security Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False Security Notification: WHY do I get this notification? When I click to see, they are always turned on. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/false-security-notification/00d53f7c-a087-4c5d-a8b2-08e61835ae74
  3. Security & Maintenance notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security & Maintenance notifications: I keep receiving a notification from Security & Maintenance that my file drive was turned off for too long. How do I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-maintenance-notifications/32132747-3fff-49b7-8cd9-e2c27873d5c3
  4. Security Notification .. ..

Security Notification .. ..: "Both windows and McAfree Firewalls are turned off " .. .. is type of notification iam getting on every boot .. My McAfree Firewall is turned ON n working perfect .. .. so why iam getting that notification on every boot thats annoying me .. How can i fix it .. My...
  5. Cannot disable Windows Security notification icon in Rel 1809

Cannot disable Windows Security notification icon in Rel 1809: Just updated to release 1809 and in the list of taskbar display/hide icons, the hide position doesn't work. I can move it to off, but it doesn't disable the Windows Security notification icon. The other icons' switches function correctly. 126010
  6. Cannot disable Windows Security notification icon in Rel 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot disable Windows Security notification icon in Rel 1809: Just updated to release 1809 and in the list of taskbar display/hide icons, the hide position doesn't work. I can move it to off, but it doesn't disable the Windows Security notification icon. The other icons' switches function correctly. 126010
  7. Disable Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Notifications: My wife's Windows 10 computer get notification sounds any time night or day and they are driving us crazy. I have turned off notifications for Facebook and Gmail but they still keep coming. How can I figure out where they are coming from so that I can TURN THEM OFF?...
  8. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications: [img] 87862
  9. Disable Security notifications?

Disable Security notifications?: Sorry. Thanks shimshom.
  10. Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 In Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center app, which brings together common Windows security features into one...