Windows 10: Is there a way to disable security notifications?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable security notifications? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get repeated popups telling me to check my antivirus software I have Fprot and Malwarebytes running in addition to Windows Defender and I must have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bill Levinson, May 10, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable security notifications?

I get repeated popups telling me to check my antivirus software I have Fprot and Malwarebytes running in addition to Windows Defender and I must have clicked on "See fewer notifications" a hundred times by now. All this is is noise and jabber; is there a way to simply turn these notifications off???

:)

Bill Levinson, May 10, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, May 10, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    no update notification

Hi Kent,

One possible cause why you're unable to receive notification is due to wrong configuration settings. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to receive notification before?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Security and Maintenance.
    • Choose Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Put a check on the check box.
    • Click OK.

This will allow you to disable/enable specific types of messages, including messages about Windows Update, Internet security settings, User Account Control, Windows Backup, and more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 10, 2020
  4. Is there a way to disable security notifications?

Security Centre

Hi Philip,

If you'd like to disable the "Actions recommended" notification, we suggest that you try the these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager and go to the Startup
      tab.
    • Locate Windows Defender notification icon and disable it.
    • Once you are done, restart your PC check if the notification will still appear.
    Feel free to post back for the end result.

Jennifer Cha, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable security notifications?

1. Is there a way to disable security notifications? - Similar Threads - disable security notifications

2. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?: Hi,so i was wondering if it is possible to disable the email badge notification thingy on the taskbar for a specific emailone of my emails gets a bunch of spam and 99/100 times it says i have a new email so i check it and it turns out its the spam email accountwich isnt too...
  3. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?: Hi,so i was wondering if it is possible to disable the email badge notification thingy on the taskbar for a specific emailone of my emails gets a bunch of spam and 99/100 times it says i have a new email so i check it and it turns out its the spam email accountwich isnt too...
  4. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  6. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  7. Is there a way to disable notifications of excluded items in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable notifications of excluded items in Windows Defender?: ^ I added something in excluded items list and I'm afraid my client would remove it when he performs a scan. I tried turning off all the notification button in the Windows Security settings but it still shows the notification that it has skipped something because of an...
  8. Any way to disable taskbar flashing app notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to disable taskbar flashing app notifications?: I've tried changing the value of HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ForegroundFlashCount and restarting like some guides online say, but that doesn't seem to disable them. Does anybody know of a different way that works? I'm on Windows 10.0.19041 if that helps. submitted by...
  9. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications: [img] 87862
  10. Disable Security notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Security notifications?: Sorry. Thanks shimshom.