Windows 10: Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example having it disabled while Photoshop or a game is opened, but having it function regularly while using Notepad or Chome. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skull_Candy_, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

For example having it disabled while Photoshop or a game is opened, but having it function regularly while using Notepad or Chome.

submitted by /u/Skull_Candy_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skull_Candy_, Dec 2, 2020
  2. AssafTR Win User

Can't switch languages with Alt+Shift after upgrading to Win10

Just upgraded my Yoga3 from Win8 to Win10, and by that disabling any way to switch between local inputs using alt+shift. It's possible now only when clicking the language name on task-bar, but not with keyboard shortcuts. the "switch language" feature is
    turned on as before with same definitions. It just stopped from working..

How can I resolve it?

AssafTR, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Genzuo Win User
    How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages?

I'm using a P34W v3(AU) laptop from Gigabyte. Windows version is 1903 and the build is 18362.356. I tried following your instructions but I couldn't seem to find anything that would help me. The problem isn't the shortcut itself as I use it all the time
    and it's really useful for switching between languages, but the panel that shows itself when pressing Alt+Shift/Shift+Alt and then letting go of Shift first is what's causing me problems. I have no idea why, but letting go of Alt first after using the same
    shortcut doesn't bring up the panel at all, so I'm just trying to find a way to get the same result when letting go of Shift first. Is there an option somewhere that let's me disable the panel? I thought something in the registry editor might help me but I'm
    not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

Genzuo, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

Changing languages with right-alt + shift stopped working

Windows 10 home.

Used to be, you could use both left-alt and right-alt + shift to switch between languages.

Then, some years back, only left-alt + shift switched between languages, whereas right-alt + shift went always to secondary language. That was a pain, but not a show stopper.

This is!

After latest Windows Update, right-alt + shift is dead.

I opened Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Language > Advanced setting > Switching input methods > Change language bar hot keys > Change Key Sequence

the only options there are:

1. Not Assigned

2. Ctrl + shift

3. Left Alt + shift

4. Grave Accent (`)

Right-alt + shift is gone!!!

How do I get it back?

I've been doing the same thing to switch languages since Windows 3.0, I think. It's massively frustrating to do it instinctively only for it to not work all of a sudden... Seriously annoying. How can I fix it?

MosheHimmelfarb, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

1. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps? - Similar Threads - disable Alt+Shift language

2. Language bar doesn't show up when using shift+alt shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar doesn't show up when using shift+alt shortcut: As the title says I can't see the language bar when I change language with shift+alt keys, but it works when win+space is used. I'd use win+space but I want to use my IBM Model M keyboard and it doesn't have a Win key. How can I make the bar appear with shift+alt?...
  3. Is there any way to make Alt+Shift not switch to "some" language in Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to make Alt+Shift not switch to "some" language in Windows?: My problem is that I got 4 input languages on my Win10 (Chinese, English, Spanish, Japanese) Mainly I use Chinese and English only, but still, sometimes I need to use Spanish and Japanese too. And, it's quite painful that every time I want to type in English or any language,...
  4. Is there a way to disable specifically the Win + Shift + S shortcut?

Is there a way to disable specifically the Win + Shift + S shortcut?: i'd like to be able to assign this combination to be handled by ShareX instead of Sketch & Snip/Snipping tool submitted by /u/xX_420edgelord69_Xx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkjflg/is_there_a_way_to_disable_specifically_the_win/
  5. Is there a way to disable UWP suspension in certain apps?

Is there a way to disable UWP suspension in certain apps?: I play Minecraft Bedrock, but sometimes I need to open up another program like Discord or Spotify. However, when I go back into Minecraft, it's disconnected and I need to close out and reopen it to work again. Is there a way to disable UWP app suspension for it? submitted by...
  6. Shift+Alt change only part of the keyboard

Shift+Alt change only part of the keyboard: Hi, For the last 20 years I use two input languages on my Windows10 latptop: UK English; and Greek It is now a couple of weeks that I noticed the following: When switching from Greek to English, only the letter keys are switched and for the character keys like @ I have...
  7. Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...

Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LASLOW01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9dsn9/hi_there_i_wonder_how_do_i_disable_the_ctrl/
  8. Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.

Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.: [ATTACH] Hi all. There is an issue after one of the recent updates. While changing the input language (and I do that a lot) the floating bar with available languages poping up in the right part of the screen. As long as I'm switching constantly that bar is flickering with...
  9. How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages?

How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages?: I've been using blender, specifically for sculpting, a lot the past two weeks or so and in that program by default middle-click lets you rotate around your pivot point in your scene, but since I'm using a tablet that isn't very convenient so blender let's you enable a setting...
  10. can't disable alt shift

can't disable alt shift: hello, I want to disable alt shift, but the language tab in control center is gone. does anyone know a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-disable-alt-shift/89019076-3622-4ee4-af02-2b76a031980d