Windows 10: Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example having it disabled while Photoshop or a game is opened, but having it function regularly while using Notepad or Chome. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skull_Candy_, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

For example having it disabled while Photoshop or a game is opened, but having it function regularly while using Notepad or Chome.

submitted by /u/Skull_Candy_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skull_Candy_, Dec 2, 2020
  2. AssafTR Win User

Can't switch languages with Alt+Shift after upgrading to Win10

Just upgraded my Yoga3 from Win8 to Win10, and by that disabling any way to switch between local inputs using alt+shift. It's possible now only when clicking the language name on task-bar, but not with keyboard shortcuts. the "switch language" feature is
    turned on as before with same definitions. It just stopped from working..

How can I resolve it?

AssafTR, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Genzuo Win User
    How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages?

I'm using a P34W v3(AU) laptop from Gigabyte. Windows version is 1903 and the build is 18362.356. I tried following your instructions but I couldn't seem to find anything that would help me. The problem isn't the shortcut itself as I use it all the time
    and it's really useful for switching between languages, but the panel that shows itself when pressing Alt+Shift/Shift+Alt and then letting go of Shift first is what's causing me problems. I have no idea why, but letting go of Alt first after using the same
    shortcut doesn't bring up the panel at all, so I'm just trying to find a way to get the same result when letting go of Shift first. Is there an option somewhere that let's me disable the panel? I thought something in the registry editor might help me but I'm
    not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

Genzuo, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

Changing languages with right-alt + shift stopped working

Windows 10 home.

Used to be, you could use both left-alt and right-alt + shift to switch between languages.

Then, some years back, only left-alt + shift switched between languages, whereas right-alt + shift went always to secondary language. That was a pain, but not a show stopper.

This is!

After latest Windows Update, right-alt + shift is dead.

I opened Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Language > Advanced setting > Switching input methods > Change language bar hot keys > Change Key Sequence

the only options there are:

1. Not Assigned

2. Ctrl + shift

3. Left Alt + shift

4. Grave Accent (`)

Right-alt + shift is gone!!!

How do I get it back?

I've been doing the same thing to switch languages since Windows 3.0, I think. It's massively frustrating to do it instinctively only for it to not work all of a sudden... Seriously annoying. How can I fix it?

MosheHimmelfarb, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

1. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps? - Similar Threads - disable Alt+Shift language

2. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  3. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  4. WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InformedChoice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qppd8p/windows_10_how_to_disable_the_altshift_keyboard/
  5. Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?: Thanks so much. submitted by /u/MrbadboySNIPEOG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn6yj6/is_there_a_way_to_disable_the_shortcut_to_switch/
  6. Is there any way to make Alt+Shift not switch to "some" language in Windows?

Is there any way to make Alt+Shift not switch to "some" language in Windows?: My problem is that I got 4 input languages on my Win10 (Chinese, English, Spanish, Japanese) Mainly I use Chinese and English only, but still, sometimes I need to use Spanish and Japanese too. And, it's quite painful that every time I want to type in English or any language,...
  7. Is there a way to disable specifically the Win + Shift + S shortcut?

Is there a way to disable specifically the Win + Shift + S shortcut?: i'd like to be able to assign this combination to be handled by ShareX instead of Sketch & Snip/Snipping tool submitted by /u/xX_420edgelord69_Xx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkjflg/is_there_a_way_to_disable_specifically_the_win/
  8. Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...

Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LASLOW01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9dsn9/hi_there_i_wonder_how_do_i_disable_the_ctrl/
  9. Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.

Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.: [ATTACH] Hi all. There is an issue after one of the recent updates. While changing the input language (and I do that a lot) the floating bar with available languages poping up in the right part of the screen. As long as I'm switching constantly that bar is flickering with...
  10. can't disable alt shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't disable alt shift: hello, I want to disable alt shift, but the language tab in control center is gone. does anyone know a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-disable-alt-shift/89019076-3622-4ee4-af02-2b76a031980d