Windows 10: Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...

Discus and support Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! Like many people right now, I'm working remotely via Remote Desktop. Everything has been wonderful and smooth for a long time while using Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uscbutterworth, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...

Hi all! Like many people right now, I'm working remotely via Remote Desktop. Everything has been wonderful and smooth for a long time while using Win10 1607 LTSB (which pre-dates the new Sketch & Snip screen capture tool). I got a new machine this week with Win10 1909 on it.

The Sketch & Snip tool causes a horrible lag/stutter when fading in when activated over Remote Desktop. It's similar to many other animations (that I've disabled entirely everywhere else for performance sake), but there doesn't seem to be a setting to disable the fade animation anywhere.

Also... uninstalling the Sketch & Snip app doesn't actually uninstall the feature which seems hard-baked into Windows at this point.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Thanks!

submitted by /u/uscbutterworth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/uscbutterworth, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Jade92918 Win User

Windows 10, Win + Shift + S not functioning properly

Update, I just discovered that win + right shift + s = snip and sketch, left shift + s = Snipping tool. How do I turn off snipping tool on left shift + s, and make win + left shift + s do the same as right shift? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Jade92918, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Gen Test Win User
    Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

You can open the Snip & Sketch app directly in "new" mode by right-clicking the app (on either the Start Menu App List, on the pinned tile, or on the Task Bar) and select "Take a new snip" from the Jump List menu.

The Clipboard History feature (October 2018 update) will save and list all items sent to the clipboard, including any snips. These items can then be accessed through Win+V. The hotkey will also take you to the setup for Clipboard History if the feature is not enabled.

As for your other concerns, I am not sure of how to open editor automatically after sniping using the hotkeys. But the following information could be of use.

If you take a snip using Shift+Win+S, the Snip & Sketch App's notification should be accessible at the top of the Action/Notification Center side bar even if there's no pop-up. The Notification Center can be accessed through Win+A or through the Notification icon at the end of the task bar (Windows Tips). Clicking on the Snip & Sketch's notification there will launch the editor with the latest snip.

You could thus use Shift+Win+S for a snip, then Win+A and click on the notification to launch editing.

Gen Test, Jul 10, 2020
  4. zeel Win User

Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...

Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

The new version of the snipping tool in Windows 10 has some nice features, but one big difference between its behavior and that of the old snipping tool is that you can either use the Shift+Win+S command to go directly into snipping mode, which then places the image into the clipboard, or you can open the "Snip & Sketch" from which you must click "new" but the resulting snip will be open in the editor once taken.

In the old tool, you could open it in snipping mode, and then it would open the editor directly once you snip the screen. From there you can annotate and save the file, or copy it to the clipboard.

The new tool does (sometimes) pop up a notification you can click to open the editor, but I have had instances where the notification did not appear, or got lost in a torrent of notifications.

Is there a way to change the behavior such that Shift+Win+S will invoke snipping mode, and the editor will open automatically to allow annotation, cropping, and saving?

Alternatively, a way to open the app directly into "new" mode, or to at the very least save a copy of the snip to some folder so it can be found later? Not every application allows pasting of images, sometimes you need to "Open" them. Or you may want to both paste it and save it.

So far, I haven't been able to find a way to emulate the simplicity of the old workflow - other than simply using the old snipping tool.

Thema:

Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...

1. Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is... - Similar Threads - disable fade Sketch

2. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  3. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  4. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]

Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]: When I use CTRL SHIFT S or PRINT SCREEN and take a screenshot with Windows' tool; a part of the tool's GUI does not go away.There is still a thin blue ribbon on the final screenshot.Here is the aforementioned tool and it's GUI:Here is an image that is void of the problem I've...
  6. Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?: I was wondering if it's possible to change this default keybind. I use it a lot but the Win key gets in the way of my gaming and I'm planning on disabling the key. I tried creating a shortcut for Snip & Sketch but it only works when not playing a game (on the desktop), and I...
  7. How do I disable Snipping Tool / Snip and Sketch and Windows Shift S and install a better...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable Snipping Tool / Snip and Sketch and Windows Shift S and install a better...: Snip and Sketch / Snipping Tool is fundamentally broken. The fact that it doesn't save a snapshot automatically and that there is no way to configure this basic behaviour means the app is completely useless. I need to install a 3rd party app to do this, something like...
  8. Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch: After 4-5 successful screenshots the Win+Shift+S shortcuts stops working. It is so convenient to use it, please help! It happened just after upgrade of Windows 10 to "Windows 10 May 2020 Update" Event Viewer in Polish, but English version has the same fields: Opis Ścieżka...
  9. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s): Hello everyone. As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay (white screen and I can cut. However after letting the mouse button go it just disappears and nothing happens. So basically...
  10. How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?: Hi, I would like to know how to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool, which is performed by pressing the windows key + Shift + S. Note: I'm not looking to disable all hotkeys, but only the one I mentioned. 128305