Windows 10: Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable? Thanks 16739 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by markob53, Aug 15, 2015.

1. markob53 Win User

Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable?

Thanks

:)

markob53, Aug 15, 2015
  2. jdepce Win User

Is there a way to have the desktop in the background and the start menu pop up instead as the default "goto" screen ?

<Original title: Start menu shows on start up>

Is there a way to have the desktop in the background and the start menu pop up instead as the default "goto" screen.

jdepce, Aug 15, 2015
  3. jdepce Win User
    Is there a way to have the desktop in the background and the start menu pop up instead as the default "goto" screen ?

I can't think of any other way to say this. I want to see the start menu full page instead of the desktop with icons. I would like the desktop screen to be a choice not the main screen to choose the program you want.

The start menu, win 10, gives me wonderful opportunity to organize my selections. The desktop can be mildly organized but most seniors on a laptop can't see the writings ang can't remember all the icons.

Thanks for trying

jdepce, Aug 15, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

There is no option as in Windows 7 to disable "new"
    Right or left clicking a "new" notice makes it go away

Thema:

1. Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu? - Similar Threads - disable 'New' text

2. Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?: I have tried using third party apps, but the problem is, they block the recommended section but there are many other issues like File Explorer crashes on right clicking on the Taskbar. I know there is no official fix to that but is there any script, anyone can share to fix...
  3. Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?: I have tried using third party apps, but the problem is, they block the recommended section but there are many other issues like File Explorer crashes on right clicking on the Taskbar. I know there is no official fix to that but is there any script, anyone can share to fix...
  4. Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?: I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks 167373
  5. Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?: I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks 167373
  6. Start Menu Text

Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  7. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DavyScript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/encpik/how_to_disable_the_new_start_menu_flyout/
  8. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...
  9. Grey text on start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey text on start menu?: After latest cumulative update I notice loads of my start menu entries are written in grey. Most are white but there are quite a few in grey. They still seem to launch ok but this is very odd. Rebooting seems to return many of the text entries to white but then slowly more...
  10. Disable Upper Right Text Box in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Upper Right Text Box in Start Menu: Howdy, In 16299 build, is there a way to disable Text Box in Start Menu, via Registry? [img] 100540