Windows 10: Is there a way to disable the "Power Saver" power option?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable the "Power Saver" power option? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For what ever reason, my pc (HP Pavillion Gaming Tower) keeps switching from High Performance to Power Saver on its own without me clicking anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Omezo_, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/Omezo_ Win User

Is there a way to disable the "Power Saver" power option?

For what ever reason, my pc (HP Pavillion Gaming Tower) keeps switching from High Performance to Power Saver on its own without me clicking anything. For example. As I'm playing a game, I'm getting max frames constantly, then all of the sudden, my frames drop to 40s and I have to go to my power options and click on High Performance again and it goes back to normal. At this point, I'm just fed up with it since I've been doing it for months now. Is there a was to just get rid of or disable the "Power Saver" power option so it doesn't have the chance to switch?

submitted by /u/Omezo_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Omezo_, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Manthas Win User

Display will not turn off, even with power saving option enabled

Please stop. Or, at the very least, read the entire thread before responding. What you are suggesting...

• ... will not work. The same issue preventing the power options from kicking in impact any screen saver settings as well. Windows is incorrectly reading input from USB game controllers connected to the system, and registering these as activity in a way
      that Windows 7/8/8.1 did not. And...
    • ... does not achieve the same results. Powering off the monitor is not simply about preventing people from seeing what you were working on. This is a power saving utility. With a screen saver running, you are still wasting the same amount of power that
      you would without the screen saver running.
    So, not only is your "suggestion", such as it is, unhelpful, but it is also completely inaccurate.

Manthas, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    How do I disable power save mode for win10 ?

Hello MohamedElabasseri,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

1. What is the make and model of the machine?
    2. Which build of Windows is installed on your PC? (To check that, press
      Windows + R
      keys and type winver).
    3. Were there any changes made to the PC prior to this issue? Any major updates that got installed?

Energy Saver Mode feature mainly saves energy when the user is away. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or achieve a balance between the two.
    Balanced power plan offers full performance when you need it and saves power when you are not accessing the PC. It’s the best power plan option chosen by most of the users. To disable the power saving option, you may follow the steps listed
    below and check if it works:

Method 1: Disable Energy Saver settings.

• Right click on the Battery icon from the bottom corner of the taskbar and choose
      Power Options from the list.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside any of your required option from
      Balanced or Power saver.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings option and expand
      Energy Saver settings
    • From the Energy Saver settings, expand Energy saver on user away and choose
      Disable option to disable the Energy saver.

Method 2: Modify Power & sleep options in Settings.

Open Settings and click on System icon. Choose Power & sleep option from the left pane and make the changes accordingly to
    Screen and Sleep option.

Method 3: Change the computer sleep option.

• Search for Control Panel on double click on it. Click on
      Hardware and Sound
      and choose Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps option from the left pane and choose
      Never from the drop down menu for both the options available there.
    • Click on Save changes after making the changes and see if it works.

Additional Information: To save your battery from consuming a lot of power, you may refer to an article on -

Let us know how it goes. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 2, 2019
  4. mori_kntu Win User

N79 Power saver

My Settings:

Power Saver : Date

Power Saver Timeout : 30 Secs

Light Timeout : 15 Secs

Power Saver Disappears just like before after 2-3 secs! if you want me to test other combination, tell me...

I didn't see a setting for disabling share online to!

mori_kntu, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there a way to disable the "Power Saver" power option? - Similar Threads - disable Power Saver

2. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically: Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power...
  3. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically: Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power...
  4. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. power saver settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power saver settings: i've assigned power settings as many places as i can, saved, restarted, but screen saver STILL comes on after only 5 minutes. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-settings/fc0bd50a-a3ba-442d-a2f6-4912d97327ff
  6. What's the point of power saver if it's not power savingi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the point of power saver if it's not power savingi: So I have power saver active and every time I go into "change advanced power settings" the minimum processor state is always resetting itself to 100% when plugged in even though I change it back to 5% it some how reverts to 100% without my knowledge. Same goes for the...
  7. Windows 10 How to disable power saver/energy saver FOR GOOD?

Windows 10 How to disable power saver/energy saver FOR GOOD?: I am not quite sure but my computer keeps going into power saving mode in the power options. I guess this is "energy saver mode" being automatically activated. I don't see any way to even disable power saving mode in the newer versions of windows 10. I am on update 1909...
  8. Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop balanced power plan or power saver: My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my 6 years laptop. Since the temperature can be mesured in 3rd patry app called core temp it rise about 75% when heavy load,...
  9. Power saver icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power saver icon: Hello I have a Acer Aspire ES1-571 running Windows 10. After a recent update the power saver icon can no longer be activated, Any advise please, Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-icon/4acaba7a-1892-453f-88fd-c298bbf041e5
  10. Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.

Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.: Hello all, Like the topic of the post says, the power options are not working correctly. I set the time for the screen saver to come on as well as the timer to put the computer to sleep and after monitoring the computer, neither did as was intended. I have manipulated the...