Windows 10: Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thanks so much. submitted by /u/MrbadboySNIPEOG [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrbadboySNIPEOG, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

/u/MrbadboySNIPEOG, Apr 8, 2021

2. Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Hi Jugan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The default keyboard shortcut to switch between system language is by pressing the
    Windows and Spacebar keys.

So, if you don't want the language menu to appear while playing the game, then I suggest you to change keyboard shortcut by following the below steps and change the keyboard shortcuts for changing the system language or keyboard language.

1. Go to Settings > Click on Devices > Click on
      Typing from the left pane.
    2. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard settings and click on
      Input language hot keys.
    3. In the Advanced Key Settings tab, you will find the key sequences for the input languages that you can change as your preference.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 10 Keyboard switch language

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Have you added Portuguese language to the keyboard?

Follow the steps:

• Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click/tap on the Time and Language.
    • Click/tap on the Region and language.
    • Under "Languages" click/tap on the Add languages.
    • Choose your language
    • Now you have two languages on your Keyboard.
    • To make new language the main language tap the new language and tap on "Set as primary".
    • To switch between keyboard languages use the shortcut Shift +
      Alt.

Also refer:
    Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Apr 8, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

dalchina, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

1. Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language? - Similar Threads - disable shortcut switch

2. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  3. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  4. Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?: How can I disable win + spacebar switch keyboard language. NOT all shortcuts, NOT win + spacebar shortcut as it is im using it for power tools search.JUST disable it from switching my keyboard language....
  5. Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?

Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?: How can I disable win + spacebar switch keyboard language. NOT all shortcuts, NOT win + spacebar shortcut as it is im using it for power tools search.JUST disable it from switching my keyboard language....
  6. language keyboard shortcuts

language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  7. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?: For example having it disabled while Photoshop or a game is opened, but having it function regularly while using Notepad or Chome. submitted by /u/Skull_Candy_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Ways to disable keyboard shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ways to disable keyboard shortcuts?: Just got a pet bird and trying to make my gaming setup more bird friendly. Ordered a wireless mouse to stop cable chewing. Now my keyboard. He runs accross the keyboard hitting random shortcuts to reset webpages etc. Is there a way to remove most keyboard shortcuts? (Razer...
  9. Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening: This is probably a simple question. But i'm not familiar with Windows. And i did try searching on google. But I couldnt find an answer. So here it goes. I want to use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between languages. I am using Windows 10. Therefore , using the...
  10. How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT)

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT): It's kind of annoying because I don't use special characters like Áá, Éé ever in my life, and especially after my gaming session. While in games I tend to use CTRL and LSHIFT quite a lot and often times the 2 buttons are being held down simultaneously. The keyboard language...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable keyboard shortcut to change language windows 10