Windows 10: Is there a way to disable the voice that begins talking whenever I press the Ease of access...

Discus and support Is there a way to disable the voice that begins talking whenever I press the Ease of access... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried googling a solution and also played around with some settings on my laptop but so far I have been unsuccessful. Basically all I want to do is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zmaster_89, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable the voice that begins talking whenever I press the Ease of access...

I tried googling a solution and also played around with some settings on my laptop but so far I have been unsuccessful. Basically all I want to do is disable the voice that starts talking whenever I click on the ease of access button on the Windows 10 sign-in screen. It goes like: "Make your computer easier to use. Windows will read and scan this list automatically. Press the spacebar to select the highlighted option". I have the ease of access narrator toggle flipped off and ease of access narrator disabled in my windows settings but this voice still talks. I believe that it is not the narrator but just the ease of access voice. Besides muting the volume, is there any way to get rid of this voice whenever I press the ease of access button on the sign-in screen?

submitted by /u/zmaster_89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zmaster_89, Jan 2, 2020

2. turn off ease of access

Hello my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I will try to resolve your problem with disabling ease of access.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Press "Windows Key + R"

2. Type "Control Panel"

3. Then select "Ease of Access Center"

4. Under the section "Make your computer easier to use" make sure that the first two checkboxes are unchecked.

5. Then close the window as there is no need to press ok or save to keep the new settings.

This process is how you disable ease of access features beginning by themselves.

After you've completed the above steps please let me know if this achieves the desired effect you wanted.

Is there a way to disable the voice that begins talking whenever I press the Ease of access... 5c7a9c79-b577-4af0-8a6b-1a4aca1571a0?upload=true.jpg

Omoikane1122, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Is there a way to disable the voice that begins talking whenever I press the Ease of access...

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hello Brenda,

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to turn off narrator.

• Type ease of access in the search bar and press enter

• Click on Narrator and turn off
    Reference:

Hear text read aloud with Narrator

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-hear-text-read-aloud

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable the voice that begins talking whenever I press the Ease of access...

1. Is there a way to disable the voice that begins talking whenever I press the Ease of access... - Similar Threads - disable voice begins

2. ease of access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ease of access: using key combinations like Ctrl + Alt and function keys with dictation in touchscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/11c09847-01be-482e-a9d3-dbee8f8a3b6b
  3. ease of access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ease of access: using key combinations like Ctrl + Alt and function keys with dictation in touchscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/11c09847-01be-482e-a9d3-dbee8f8a3b6b
  4. Windows 10 Ease of Access opens whenever the letter "u" is pressed.

Windows 10 Ease of Access opens whenever the letter "u" is pressed.: I have a Windows 10 system that has been working fine. However, I recently ran into a problem where Ease of Access opens up when I try to login. My password contained a "u". I opened a remoter desktop session from another computer and created a new user with a password that...
  5. Windows 10 Ease of Access opens whenever the letter "u" is pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Ease of Access opens whenever the letter "u" is pressed.: I have a Windows 10 system that has been working fine. However, I recently ran into a problem where Ease of Access opens up when I try to login. My password contained a "u". I opened a remoter desktop session from another computer and created a new user with a password that...
  6. Narrator/ ease of access

Narrator/ ease of access: Hello is there any way to stream line the narrator on Windows. I find i can't select a single body of text for it to reed, and when I do its a single letter, word or line at best. and when its a page that doesn't reload like an online application i have to turn narrator off...
  7. Ease of access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ease of access: I used the keyboard in ease of access, now i cant get my wireless keyboard to work. I have turned the other one to off but that didnt work. Is there help out there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/3b73ba02-9d91-4cb4-9761-8d3f10da2e5e
  8. ease of access

ease of access: wie kann ich ease of access wieder zurücksetzen???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/c0e3b2e4-b7b1-4da0-8957-fd271c57abda
  9. Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways: Having low-vision over here, I have relied on windows screen magnifier and have depended on it since it was introduced in XP. In Windows 7, it was referred to as the XP Magnifier. The current magnifier behaves in ways and poses usage problems for me that i've never had in...
  10. Ease of access

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of access: Are there any registry keys that would completely disable this? I've just had to do a hard reset, because that stupid "press shift x times" thing completely locked my keyboard when I was playing a game. 117321