Windows 10: Is there a way to disable trustedinstaller for every file on a drive

Discus and support Is there a way to disable trustedinstaller for every file on a drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to delete some file folders that are blocked by the trustedinstaller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickS_458, Mar 5, 2021.

1. NickS_458 Win User

Is there a way to disable trustedinstaller for every file on a drive

I'm trying to delete some file folders that are blocked by the trustedinstaller

:)

NickS_458, Mar 5, 2021

2. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Hi Sakso,

This Windows apps permission could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated Windows component,
    we suggest that you follow the instructions below to restore or reset the default permission for your folder or file:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Browse to the system file you previously changed ownership.
    • Right-click the file, and select Properties.
    • Click on the Security tab.
    • Click the Advanced button.
    • On the "Advanced Security Settings" page, click the Change link on Owner.
    • On the "Select User or Group" page, type the following to add the TrustedInstaller account and click
      Check Names: NTService\TrustedInstaller.
    • Click OK and click Apply.
    • Click OK again to complete the task.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Mar 5, 2021
  4. cwi87 Win User

TrustedInstaller deleted

Hi all.

Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller".
    Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account.
    Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason.
    Already tried restoring system from a backup date 2 times. It didn't help. First time before 3 days ago, next time from a month ago. I've used the Reset option of Windows to get back to manufacturer settings. Nothing.
    Tried to add back "TrustedInstaller" to the list of Advanced Security Settings of drive C:\ by "NT Service\TrustedInstaller".
    Doesn't help. Same error as every time. Acces for all the accounts is disabled. Windows Troubleshooter also not responsive cause of the permissions. Basicly most of the things I'm trying to do I'm not being allowed to.
    Any help will be appreciated. I know I've screwed up. Is there still anything I can do instead of clean install?

Microsoft Windows version 20H2 (OS build 19042.630)

cwi87, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there a way to disable trustedinstaller for every file on a drive - Similar Threads - disable trustedinstaller every

2. Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?: I have recently purchased an external 4TB USB HDD. Using it as a backup, that means it's been more than half full from the start, and I need to be able to just connect it to any PC and update the backups quickly. The problem is that Windows 10 starts indexing the drive as...
  3. Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?: I have recently purchased an external 4TB USB HDD. Using it as a backup, that means it's been more than half full from the start, and I need to be able to just connect it to any PC and update the backups quickly. The problem is that Windows 10 starts indexing the drive as...
  4. Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trustedinstaller: I have a problem ,I changed the owner of the entire drive and subfolders from Trustedinstaller to my account. I canceled the change of owner action, but I think many files are assigned to the wrong owner. at first I had typical problems but after typing a few commands (SFC...
  6. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  7. trustedinstaller virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trustedinstaller virus?: I've seen on different websites that this isn't a virus and on other websites that it is. Is it possible that the 2 on the left is a virus and the one on the right the real one? The ones on the left have permission for everythingSYSTEM and Admin The one on the right...
  8. is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller: I don't know what trustedinstaller does but the only thing I know is it is stopping me editing files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-bad-to-disabledelete-trustedinstaller/b4d3c0c6-5965-48b3-b487-e46b96ce375d
  9. Disabled GameBar, GameMode, GameDVR in every way possible and yet ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled GameBar, GameMode, GameDVR in every way possible and yet ...: I complete removed all AppX packages using a custom WIM image made with MSMG Toolkit and then further removed a lot of bloatware by editing State (AppX) Repository SQL Database, which made it possible to remove provisioned AppX's and the "hard-coded" ones MS does not want...
  10. How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller: How do I get trustedinstaller Privledges. 15460