Windows 10: Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have programs that I use often, but they trigger UAC notifications. Without disabling UAC entirely, is there a way to not have the UAC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Goodperson5656, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

So I have programs that I use often, but they trigger UAC notifications. Without disabling UAC entirely, is there a way to not have the UAC notification pop up for that program?

submitted by /u/Goodperson5656
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Goodperson5656, Jun 15, 2020
  2. DT0001 Win User

Disabling UAC or allowing with no UAC prompt for a specific group of users for a specific program?

Using Windows Server 2008, we have many users on workstations that need the Mcafee scan run but it's prompting for UAC.

Is there a way to set a policy or a method to allow an automatic elevation of rights/disable UAC for a specific group of users even if they are not admin status?

DT0001, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 15, 2020
  4. serban83 Win User

Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

I have a program which I want to run every time at startup, and it needs to run with Administrator privileges.

I created a ".bat" script, with the following command:

powershell -Command "Start-Process 'c:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\SyncBackPro.exe' " -Verb runAs ,

and I placed a shortcut to this ".bat" file in the Startup folder ( shell:startup ).

This has worked fine for me on Windows 8 HOME, and on Windows 10 HOME (which I got by simply upgrading the old Windows 8 to it).

Now I installed the newest Windows 10 PRO, and this solution does not work anymore, because I get the UAC prompt every time I logon.

I see this topic was already raised and that I'm not the only windows 10 user very annoyed by the lack of possibility to disable the UAC for a specific program....

Can I somehow DISABLE the UAC prompt, either for this specific shortcut from the "Startup" folder, or for the ".bat" file to which it points to, or for the executable to which the shortcut points to ?
    Any of these would be fine.

Thank you.

serban83, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

1. Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program? - Similar Threads - disable UAC specific

2. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  3. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  4. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  6. Disabling UAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling UAC: I just disabled UAC because “Rockstar Games Launcher” always gave me a notification about making changes to the pc and I always had to accept it. It got kinda annoying because it showed always when I launched GTA V. I disabled the UAC completely but now I’m kinda scared that...
  7. Disable UAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable UAC: How do I log in as administrator on my personal laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-uac/a491df47-4ce9-4534-aeee-5be6de4c1b37
  8. Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program: I have a program which I want to run every time at startup, and it needs to run with Administrator privileges. I created a ".bat" script, with the following command: powershell -Command "Start-Process 'c:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\SyncBackPro.exe' "...
  9. Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt: Hello, I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug in their external drive and not be prompted by the windows UAC. I tried changing it to "Not notify" and it still prompts...
  10. Disable UAC

Disable UAC: With the earlier builds, I had UAC disabled in the registry( just as I do for my host machine Windows 8.0 Pro) and everything worked fine. It was in your sister forum eightforums tutorial that I learned how to disable UAC in Windows 8. I also use Start8 and Windowblinds on...