Windows 10: Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?

Discus and support Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the words of u/24luej My Windows 10 installation (Ver. 1903) keeps changing the default audio output device from my internal soundcards' headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ethayy, Apr 13, 2021.

1. /u/Ethayy Win User

Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?

In the words of u/24luej

My Windows 10 installation (Ver. 1903) keeps changing the default audio output device from my internal soundcards' headphones out to another one when a sound device is plugged in or connected, like my bluetooth headphones. This is fairly annoying as I have to manually switch back to my proper audio output every time I connect a bluetooth device, or my audio interface for example.

Is there any way to stop Windows 10 from switching my default audio ouput device when a new one is connected?

In my words

I have searched the internet for hours, tried countless methods all with no success. My sound card is broken so every now and then it will connect to a device that doesn't exist. Windows auto connects to this device and my headset is silent.

Please is there a way to stop this, my drivers are up to date and PC is new.

submitted by /u/Ethayy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ethayy, Apr 13, 2021

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching? - Similar Threads - disable auto switching

2. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable auto HDR Windows 10: im having an issue with Battlefield V where when i launch it HDR auto enables but in windows "Use HDR" is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-hdr-windows-10/de0b67f0-03d9-4aaa-aa02-e07a3a34a935
  3. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable auto HDR Windows 10: im having an issue with Battlefield V where when i launch it HDR auto enables but in windows "Use HDR" is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-hdr-windows-10/de0b67f0-03d9-4aaa-aa02-e07a3a34a935
  4. How to disable auto-switching of desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto-switching of desktops: [ATTACH] On windows 10 when you press control + win + right/left arrow it switches to another desktop like the picture below, however when I have a game or an program running on another desktop and when it finishes running it automatically switches back to another desktop....
  5. Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?: Thanks so much. submitted by /u/MrbadboySNIPEOG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn6yj6/is_there_a_way_to_disable_the_shortcut_to_switch/
  6. Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup?: I have a Samsung SF350 27 Inch LED Monitor, and every time I go to the computer after the display has gone to sleep, it pops up an annoying OSD for about 10 seconds. I don't need it to pop up every time it wakes from sleep. [img] Is there any way to disable it? I have...
  7. Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is There A Way To Disable A Monitor's Auto On Screen Display Popup?: I have a Samsung SF350 27 Inch LED Monitor, and every time I go to the computer after the display has gone to sleep, it pops up an annoying OSD for about 10 seconds. I don't need it to pop up every time it wakes from sleep. [img] Is there any way to disable it? I have...
  8. Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for one device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for one device?: My wireless network device can't work after windows auto update the driver. Whenever windows update, I have to manually downdate this device to a lower version to get it work normally. Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for wireless network device?...
  9. Disable auto tuning Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable auto tuning Windows 10: Can i disable auto tuning windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-tuning-windows-10/0fbafe24-4cbe-4d15-bed3-16f52cdf8e0c
  10. Disable auto tuning Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable auto tuning Windows 10: Can i disable auto tuning windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/disable-auto-tuning-windows-10/0fbafe24-4cbe-4d15-bed3-16f52cdf8e0c