Windows 10: Is there a way to disable windows' attempts to "find a fix" after asking to force close a...

Discus and support Is there a way to disable windows' attempts to "find a fix" after asking to force close a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When a program hangs and windows says "it's not responding" and gives me the option to close it or wait for the program. Every time i say "close it"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sad_consideration, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Is there a way to disable windows' attempts to "find a fix" after asking to force close a...

When a program hangs and windows says "it's not responding" and gives me the option to close it or wait for the program. Every time i say "close it" windows doesn't close it and starts "trying to find a fix". It's clearly capable of closing the program right there and then because whether i wait for the whole troubleshooting checks to occur or if i say "cancel" the program closes immediately after every time. So i'd rather turn off the unhelpful troubleshooter so it just closes the program outright instead of having me cancel the troubleshooting before it will. Can this be done?

submitted by /u/sad_consideration
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sad_consideration, Nov 23, 2020
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Nov 23, 2020
  3. poohsis Win User
    force closing issues

Tried all options listed. Still force closing whenever an ad comes up.

poohsis, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Is there a way to disable windows' attempts to "find a fix" after asking to force close a...

Forcing an app closed

How do you force an app closed on the 5800? I thought there was a way to navigate to an Options->Exit menu item after pressing and holding the Menu key for a list of running apps, but I can't seem to find it any more. Is it just me or did this change in
    the latest firmware update?

Carnivore---01, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to disable windows' attempts to "find a fix" after asking to force close a...

1. Is there a way to disable windows' attempts to "find a fix" after asking to force close a... - Similar Threads - disable windows' attempts

2. Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim: Hello I've been trying to trim a recording and when I trim the front so it starts later on in the recording it works just fine. However when i try to also trim the end so it ends earlier as soon as I click the trim thing the app just closes....
  3. Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim: Hello I've been trying to trim a recording and when I trim the front so it starts later on in the recording it works just fine. However when i try to also trim the end so it ends earlier as soon as I click the trim thing the app just closes....
  4. Cannot find a way to disable hyper-v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find a way to disable hyper-v: I would like to use a nested virtual machine on my laptop, but I don't know since when and how my hyper-v is enabledI have Windows 11 home, now I wanted to disable it, but I can't find a way to do it.It shows “A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will...
  5. Cannot find a way to disable hyper-v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find a way to disable hyper-v: I would like to use a nested virtual machine on my laptop, but I don't know since when and how my hyper-v is enabledI have Windows 11 home, now I wanted to disable it, but I can't find a way to do it.It shows “A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will...
  6. File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11: I have upgraded to Win11 two months ago, but recently the file explorer is force closed every day. do anyone have the same issue on this, and how to solve it, do I need to use back to Win10...
  7. windows automatic repair; no ways to find a fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows automatic repair; no ways to find a fix: Hello! I just turned on my PC and it led me to the Windows Automatic Repair screen. I’ve tried resetting, using another operating system, and restarting and shutting down my PC. 2 of the main reasons why I can’t use System Restore, “Keep my files” reset, and Command Prompt:-...
  8. There is no option to disable being asked to save on closing files or is there?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is no option to disable being asked to save on closing files or is there?: For example notepad after having modified text submitted by /u/International-Art776 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8ly8t/there_is_no_option_to_disable_being_asked_to_save/
  9. Close and Force Close application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...
  10. Stuck on "attempting repairs" with no way to get to the menu to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "attempting repairs" with no way to get to the menu to fix it: I've seen a lot of people had this problem, but i've reset this a bunch of time and I still have the attempting repairs loop. before that comes up, i can hit f11 and it opens up my MSI z97 pc mate which gives me a bunch of options but i don't know what to do. please any help...