Windows 10: is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ?

Discus and support is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; iirc the fresh start was different in that instead of just wiping the windows installation, it actually downloaded a latest copy of windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PandaWorgenVulpera, Dec 13, 2020.

1. is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ?

iirc the fresh start was different in that instead of just wiping the windows installation, it actually downloaded a latest copy of windows and installed that while wiping everything (or keeping personal files). I see that option is gone now and only the Reset is there. Does it do the same thing ? Currently have no way to make a bootable medium

submitted by /u/PandaWorgenVulpera
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PandaWorgenVulpera, Dec 13, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh
    Start is selected. Once Fresh Start is complete, One Drive is the only app in the Removed Apps file. I do not receive any error messages. I have Windows 10 Home version 1709 installed.

What is the best way to get a clean install of Windows 10? Why is Fresh Start not working correctly?

katiera_012, Dec 13, 2020
  4. LShel42 Win User

is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ?

Apps/Programs removed during clean install

I’m considering using the MS Defender Fresh Start to install a clean copy of Windows. What’s the easiest (best?) way to get a list of all the apps and other installed programs which will need to be reinstalled? Seems like there should be an easier way than
    manually comparing a screen shot of the CPL Programs and Features list from before and after (which is the only idea I've come up with). Thanks for any tips or suggestions.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

LShel42, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ?

1. is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ? - Similar Threads - clean install 2004

2. Start Fresh with Clean Installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Fresh with Clean Installation of Windows 10: I always run the "Start Fresh with Clean Installation of Windows 10" option on new computers. I just ran it on two new Lenovo laptops using this information: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfreshNow - I have major problem and I need your...
  3. Start Fresh with Clean Installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Fresh with Clean Installation of Windows 10: I always run the "Start Fresh with Clean Installation of Windows 10" option on new computers. I just ran it on two new Lenovo laptops using this information: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfreshNow - I have major problem and I need your...
  4. Start Fresh with Clean Installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fresh install of 2004

Fresh install of 2004: Hi All, Here is a explaination of what happend for me to post. I have been following the "How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 since it was created. On this i7 7700k system, I like others downloaded the update using the media tool and upgraded without any...
  6. clean install of 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i did clean install of 1903 by chatting with micrsooft techs today and after i did clean install of 1903 today i activate windows and start check for windows update and while updating windows my few updates for windows 10 1903 got failed so i ran update...
  7. clean install of 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i forgot to disconnect my internet during windows installation of 1903 ,so just asking will it have any issue as i forgot to disconnect my internet.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1903...
  8. The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903: I clean installed 1903 and the start full screen background is now solid "gray." Under all the settings for Background/Color/Start I do not see anything to change the background for the start screen... I also do not know why it is gray. I messed around with the colors -...
  9. Fresh installation of Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh installation of Windows 1903: Hi, I have original version of Windows 7. And system upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Now I want to proceed fresh installation due to Hard Disk Failures. I tried to find the Windows Key associated with current version. And installing Windows 10 (1903) on Hyper-V for...
  10. is there a way to install clean

is there a way to install clean: is there a way to set the downloaded upgrade file on a flash drive and use it to do a clean install? only option i see is schedule it for later or start the upgrade now 9611