Windows 10: Is there a way to downgrade windows version without losing data after the 10 day period?

Discus and support Is there a way to downgrade windows version without losing data after the 10 day period? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to downgrade from version 2004 to 1909 but without losing data preferably. Is there a way to do this after the 10 day period you have after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xXShadowPTXx, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Is there a way to downgrade windows version without losing data after the 10 day period?

I wanted to downgrade from version 2004 to 1909 but without losing data preferably. Is there a way to do this after the 10 day period you have after the update?

submitted by /u/xXShadowPTXx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xXShadowPTXx, Sep 6, 2020

2. How can I downgrade after 30 days of Windows 10?

You will have to perform a clean install, because Microsoft removed the 30 day grace period starting with Windows 10 1607 later. In those later releases Microsoft had changed it to 10 days.

Step 1: Download the edition you have a license for:

http://windowsiso.net/windows-7-iso/windows-7-download/

Step 2:

Step 3: Instructions how to downgrade:

How to Downgrade Preinstalled or Upgraded Windows 10 Installation to Windows 7/8.1

Andre Da Costa, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Is there a way to downgrade windows version without losing data after the 10 day period?

Downgrade Question

That means a clean install of windows, whatever version it may be.

A clean install will format the C drive, so all the user data (in the user folders like Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Picture and Videos) will not be available any more. So it will cause loss of data, for sure.

To avoid the loss of data, you need to move the data elsewhere. It may be
    • Cloud like OneDrive or Google Drive.
    • Any other HDD, internal or external
    • USB drives or DVDs, if the volume of the data is not much more
    I would prefer OneDrive. Once it is synced, it is accessible as it is in the computer itself.

Thema:

Is there a way to downgrade windows version without losing data after the 10 day period?

1. Is there a way to downgrade windows version without losing data after the 10 day period? - Similar Threads - downgrade version without

2. How to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 after time period without losing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 after time period without losing files: hi microsoft team, im Soham and i installed windows 11 to test it out now that my testing time period is over i want to go to back in Windows 10 without losing any files, cause windows 11 has bugs! can you please tell me the way i can downgrade without losing any files except...
  3. How to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 after time period without losing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 after time period without losing files: hi microsoft team, im Soham and i installed windows 11 to test it out now that my testing time period is over i want to go to back in Windows 10 without losing any files, cause windows 11 has bugs! can you please tell me the way i can downgrade without losing any files except...
  4. How Do I Downgrade From Windows 11 To Windows 10 Without Losing data after`10 days

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Downgrade From Windows 11 To Windows 10 Without Losing data after`10 days: I Don't Like the windows 11 start menu how do I downgrade from From Windows 11 To Windows 10 Without Losing data after` 10 days submitted by /u/stefanvladiYT [link] [comments]...
  5. is it possible to rool back to windows 10 without loseing data after 10 days?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to rool back to windows 10 without loseing data after 10 days?: on my laptop, ever since switching to windows 11 it has frozen and bluescreened every 30 minutes or so, and sometimes just randomly. I tried to tough it out and wait for an update to fix it every update seems to make it worse so far. and what do you know its been over 10 days...
  6. is it possible to rool back to windows 10 without loseing data after 10 days?

is it possible to rool back to windows 10 without loseing data after 10 days?: on my laptop, ever since switching to windows 11 it has frozen and bluescreened every 30 minutes or so, and sometimes just randomly. I tried to tough it out and wait for an update to fix it every update seems to make it worse so far. and what do you know its been over 10 days...
  7. Downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 after 10 days without losing data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 after 10 days without losing data.: Hi, Currently I am using win11 but I'm not satisfied with the system performance compared to win10. It has been more than 10 Days since I upgraded to win11, now the go back option is grayed out.Is there any method to downgrade to win10 without losing data?Thanks and Regards....
  8. Downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 after 10 days without losing data.

Downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 after 10 days without losing data.: Hi, Currently I am using win11 but I'm not satisfied with the system performance compared to win10. It has been more than 10 Days since I upgraded to win11, now the go back option is grayed out.Is there any method to downgrade to win10 without losing data?Thanks and Regards....
  9. Downgrade Windows 10 version after 10 day period has passed/after Windows 10 reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Windows 10 version after 10 day period has passed/after Windows 10 reinstall?: My computer has been having a lot of BSOD issues recently, with a multitude of different error codes, and one of the solutions I want to try is downgrading my Windows 10 version from the most recent update to one from at least 2 weeks ago, when I first started having the...
  10. Is there a way to reinstall Windows 10 without losing programs, data and apps?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to reinstall Windows 10 without losing programs, data and apps?: A relative of mine passed and I now have his laptop. He had a pretty empty profile on it, but there are certain things I definitely don't want to lose, such as saved passwords. I created my own profile and that works well.The problem is he fell for all kinds of scams,...