Windows 10: Is there a way to download an app from the Microsoft Store and install it on another computer?

Discus and support Is there a way to download an app from the Microsoft Store and install it on another computer? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a computer that will not allow me to download from the Store because of Group Policy. I am free to install applications that have normal .exe or... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by StephenBrantley1, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Is there a way to download an app from the Microsoft Store and install it on another computer?

I have a computer that will not allow me to download from the Store because of Group Policy. I am free to install applications that have normal .exe or .msi extensions. Can the apps from the Store be downloaded without installing them so that they can be moved to another computer for installation?

:)

StephenBrantley1, Jan 8, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Unable to install Apps downloaded from Windows Store

Hi, Vinesh.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue occurs.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security or account settings.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Step 2:

If the issue persist, I would suggest that you un-install and re-install the app from Windows Store.

Note: Exit store when trying to re-install the app.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Is there a way to download an app from the Microsoft Store and install it on another computer?

unable to download/install apps from store

To further assist you on the issue with installing apps from the Windows Store, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Does your computer have the most recent update for Windows 10?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try the steps shared by Triw on this

thread
    which seemed to help a lot of users who were experiencing issues with installing apps from the Store.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to download an app from the Microsoft Store and install it on another computer?

1. Is there a way to download an app from the Microsoft Store and install it on another computer? - Similar Threads - download app Microsoft

2. Microsoft store showing “another app is installing”?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store showing “another app is installing”?: I had purchased a new pc and while trying to download epic game launcher for gaming, it gives me a “Another app is installing right now. Wait until it finishes, then try again.” Message every time but not with other applications such as Apple Music which I was able to...
  3. Microsoft store showing “another app is installing”?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store showing “another app is installing”?: I had purchased a new pc and while trying to download epic game launcher for gaming, it gives me a “Another app is installing right now. Wait until it finishes, then try again.” Message every time but not with other applications such as Apple Music which I was able to...
  4. Unable to download apps from browser. Microsoft store getting in the way.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download apps from browser. Microsoft store getting in the way.: I've been trying to download mods and apps from my browser for certain games I play. When I go to run these files, microsoft store tries to get me to search it on the app, aside from the fact that it doesn't exist on the app. It's completely locking me from running files. How...
  5. Unable to download apps from browser. Microsoft store getting in the way.

Unable to download apps from browser. Microsoft store getting in the way.: I've been trying to download mods and apps from my browser for certain games I play. When I go to run these files, microsoft store tries to get me to search it on the app, aside from the fact that it doesn't exist on the app. It's completely locking me from running files. How...
  6. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer: I bought a laptop last year and was able to transfer my apps and files from my old laptop to my new one quite easily.Over the summer, I had to have the motherboard replaced by the manufacturer and it was like I had a new PC - i.e., I had to set up Windows, find my Microsoft...
  7. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer: I bought a laptop last year and was able to transfer my apps and files from my old laptop to my new one quite easily.Over the summer, I had to have the motherboard replaced by the manufacturer and it was like I had a new PC - i.e., I had to set up Windows, find my Microsoft...
  8. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Downloading apps from the Microsoft store

Downloading apps from the Microsoft store: I am having trouble downloading apps, when i want to press the download button, my pointer turns into a "prohibition icon". When i press download to my devices, the store states that i do not have any Microsoft accounts connected to suitable devices. I am signed in to my...
  10. Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?: Hello, I purchased Forza Horizon 4 on my PC, and the windows store completely deleted my copy to install it again for no reasonunfortunately. I've isnce had to download it on a laptop elsewhere as I have a low data cap, and now would like to copy it to my PC, as it will run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a way to download from microsoft store and tranfer to another computer

2. is there another way to install microsoft store apps

3. how to download a microsoft store app for other users on a computer

4. is there another way to install a store app without going thru ms store?,
  5. how to download an app in microsoft store to install on another computer