Windows 10: is there a way to drop the screen resolution automatically when on battery?

Discus and support is there a way to drop the screen resolution automatically when on battery? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so, i was wondering if there is a way to make the screen resolution automatically reduce to 1080p when on battery. the option certainly isn't there for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jeo170395, Jun 23, 2020.

1. is there a way to drop the screen resolution automatically when on battery?

so, i was wondering if there is a way to make the screen resolution automatically reduce to 1080p when on battery. the option certainly isn't there for me in the advanced power options, but if it exists on other machines, i guess it could be enabled in regedit. does anyone know if this is a possibility, or can think of another way I can get this to happen?

submitted by /u/jeo170395
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jeo170395, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 23, 2020
  3. My screen resolution has zoomed in

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the
      resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on
      Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 23, 2020
  4. is there a way to drop the screen resolution automatically when on battery?

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

is there a way to drop the screen resolution automatically when on battery?

1. is there a way to drop the screen resolution automatically when on battery? - Similar Threads - drop screen resolution

2. My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.: My Screen brightness and contrast changed when I was not looking at it.I restarted it once and my screen resolution changed and everything became bigger. Then I checked the screen resolution from right click menu so there at the field where the monitor name is given. It was...
  3. Screen resolution changes automatically when opening a specific application.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution changes automatically when opening a specific application.: So my default resolution is 1920 x 1080 and it changes. This has only started to happen recently. Any way I can set a specific resolution and stop it from automatically changing?...
  4. change screen resolution automatically in full screen ?

change screen resolution automatically in full screen ?: i want to use pc with 1280x1024 and i want to use it in games with 1024x768 can i make it automatically changes when i open games ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-resolution-automatically-in-full/60c2b011-0d39-4584-bacc-12062296dbaa
  5. Laptop's performance drops when on battery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop's performance drops when on battery mode: I have a Windows 10 Laptop, which is fairly new. My laptop runs smoothly when plugged in, but performance drops noticeably when it is running on battery power. I have set power mode to 'best performance' for battery, and yet there are lags and programs take much longer to...
  6. Way to Link Display Resolution and Battery Saver Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way to Link Display Resolution and Battery Saver Mode?: Hi! I couldn't find anything online about this, but I was wondering if there is some way to automatically have Windows decrease my display resolution on my laptop (Dell XPS 15 7590) from the 4K default to something like 1080p to pull more life out of the battery when I put my...
  7. Is there a way to automatically change resolutions based on battery state?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to automatically change resolutions based on battery state?: I've a 4k laptop and wish to go from 4k plugged in to 1920 when on battery state. Does anyone know of a program or hack of sorts to get this to automaically happen? I'm aware it's still the same pixel count being drawn but it DOES have an affect on battery life when screen...
  8. Screen resolution rapidly drops

Screen resolution rapidly drops: When I am playing some steam games, the screen resolution rapidly drops to 600 from approximately 1080. I know that my software on Radeon RX 580 is up to date, the drivers are also updated...
  9. Resolution dropped - and no option to increase

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution dropped - and no option to increase: I have a PC with an NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti graphics card, and use a Samsung S23C650 monitor . This is normally set to resolution of 1920 x 1080 Today I run IOBIT driver update - and it updated some drivers ... and now my screen resolution is way off ... set to 1024 x 768. If...
  10. Resolution keeps dropping at login

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution keeps dropping at login: Hey folks, weird problem here. I have a dell ultrasharp monitor hooked up via DisplayPort to my desktop, which is running 64 bit Win 10. Graphics card is a Radeon 200 series (specifically an R9 270x) with up-to-date drivers. Pretty much every time I have to login to windows,...