Windows 10: Is there a way to easily tag files?

Discus and support Is there a way to easily tag files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As a videographer, it is safe to say I have a shit ton of files. And putting them in folders is a good start, but it has it's limits. Most specifically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/si1min3, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Is there a way to easily tag files?

As a videographer, it is safe to say I have a shit ton of files. And putting them in folders is a good start, but it has it's limits. Most specifically when you want to use a certain clip for multiple projects. So I'm looking for a way to easily add tags to the files. The only way I found how to do it, is by [right mouse click] -> [properties] -> [details] -> [add text to tags]. That's just way too many steps, and then you only tagged one file.

Is there a program or maybe a function in Windows I'm overlooking, where I can easily add custom tags to multiple files simultaneously, like client names? I tried TagSpaces, but it renames my files. That is not an option, as my video-editing program can no longer find the video files on it's own if the filename is changed.

submitted by /u/si1min3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/si1min3, Jan 10, 2021
  2. OCjp Win User

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Is there a way to easily tag files? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jan 10, 2021
  4. chasfh Win User

Is there a way to easily tag files?

An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

I am on build 1909.

I have tens of thousands of photos and videos I would like to add tags for. I have a couple of main questions:

• The process for adding tags (right click on file, click properties, click details, navigate to tags, start typing) is a little cumbersome when talking about thousands of files. It's a lot of mouse movement and clicking. Is there an easy, basically one-click method to managing tags? Perhaps a keyboard or other shortcut, or an app that open the tag function in one click, something like that?
    • Is there any way of copying just the tag information from one file to another?
    I have googled around and am coming up dry, so I know it's a long shot, but I thought I would ask in here because who knows, maybe someone knows of something quick and easy.

Thanks.

chasfh, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to easily tag files?

1. Is there a way to easily tag files? - Similar Threads - easily tag files

2. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  3. Tags in ARW files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in ARW files: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I am trying to tag a large image library that I have from almost 20 years. I can tag JPGs directly in Windows Explorer. When it comes to Raw files, no such joy. I downloaded the Raw codec pack and also downloaded the Nikon and Sony drivers for RAW files....
  4. How to add a comment/Tag to a folder not files in windows 10 so that it can be easily...

How to add a comment/Tag to a folder not files in windows 10 so that it can be easily...: why hasn't Microsoft still provided this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-commenttag-to-a-folder-not-files-in/ab5c6fad-c7d0-4f93-be90-6e950443af04
  5. An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?: I am on build 1909. I have tens of thousands of photos and videos I would like to add tags for. I have a couple of main questions: The process for adding tags (right click on file, click properties, click details, navigate to tags, start typing) is a little cumbersome when...
  6. Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?: I'm a long-time MacOS power user who has decided to give Windows 10 a try for a number of reasons, one of them is that Apple has done a very poor job of putting out compelling hardware for the last couple of years. I made good use of tags in MacOS, but I'm finding it...
  7. Audio File Tags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio File Tags: My last update was on 3/22/2019, it updated to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03. Since then the Title, Album Artist, and Contributing Artist fields in the Audio File tags that I'm creating are being truncated to about 20 characters or so. What's going on and how do I...
  8. file tagging

file tagging: How do you tag files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-tagging/3d876677-2bc6-46b5-b0a1-ddbd6fa1515a"
  9. Replacement for Photo Manager for easily tagging photos?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacement for Photo Manager for easily tagging photos?: I just bought a new Windows 10 computer and cannot find Photo Manager. There's only Photos, which, while pretty, has no where near the organizational power of Photo Manager. I can't search by my tags let alone add new ones in an easy way. Am I missing something? I have...
  10. Cannot Remove Tags on Video Files the Regular Way

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove Tags on Video Files the Regular Way: Hello. I have some .mp4 videos that I would like to clear the tags in the properties, and do things like adding my own rating and title. However, I cannot do this. I tried the usual: selected properties -> details -> clicked on Remove properties and personal information AND...