Windows 10: Is there a way to edit my download speed value inside windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way to edit my download speed value inside windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know there are third party programs that do what I would like to do but I'd rather do it through Windows settings if it's available there. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mercymain83, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Is there a way to edit my download speed value inside windows 10?

I know there are third party programs that do what I would like to do but I'd rather do it through Windows settings if it's available there.

My internet speed is average (30-35 Mb/s) and whenever I download something, my whole network is jammed and can't be used for anything else. I noticed Task Manager says whatever app's using all my bandwidth is using a mere 4% of it.

What I was wondering is if there was a way to modify whatever value Windows 10 has by default for my download speed so that the app using most of my bandwidth could be throttled.

From what I understand, Windows is allowing apps to use up all my bandwidth because it thinks it's only using 5% of it when in reality it's taking everything and then it makes my network unusable.

submitted by /u/mercymain83
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mercymain83, Apr 2, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Apr 2, 2020
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Is there a way to edit my download speed value inside windows 10?

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to edit my download speed value inside windows 10?

1. Is there a way to edit my download speed value inside windows 10? - Similar Threads - edit download speed

2. What is the correct way to activate Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the correct way to activate Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Edition?: I have the following:- Microsoft Insider Preview account- Insider Preview Windows 10 multi-installation ISO which includes Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, etc., versions- installed Windows 10 Enterprise to my PC with a local user accountI wanted to activate the Windows...
  3. My download speeds in Windows 10 are very slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My download speeds in Windows 10 are very slow.: Hello good MorningWhen I run speedtest as an application I get 150 mps 205 on my other PCWhen I run it through a browser, I get very low response times. I tried several browsers, but they all give the same answerDoes anyone have any idea what is causing this? I have disabled...
  4. Any way to download old Windows 10 Insider Build iso file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to download old Windows 10 Insider Build iso file?: I am a member of Windows 10 Insider Program. The newest build 20231 was broke with WSL2 + CUDA(https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/5598). So I want to download the old build version (20221). I try to recovery from backup version but unfortunately, my Windows10 is...
  5. Is There a Way To Limit The Download Speed of the Windows Store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is There a Way To Limit The Download Speed of the Windows Store?: Dear fellow windows 10 users, Hi, i'm a PC enthusiast and a light streamer with a decent internet speed and an overkill streaming PC. Since me and my dad are working from home, I wanted to download some new games and apps in the meantime, like Gears 5 and Dirt Rally 2.0. My...
  6. Windows 10 Download Speed vs Xbox One Download Speed

Windows 10 Download Speed vs Xbox One Download Speed: Alright so I have been having some confusion with internet download speeds. I have an Xbox One S which before I purchased a pc it was wired to the internet at all times and the download speed was great. Our internet provider gives us 100 download and around 10-12 upload which...
  7. Downloading speed -windows 10

Downloading speed -windows 10: I have a 20mbps internet speed wifi but when I download something by any browser the downloading speed reduced to 100kb. LAptop- acer nitro 5 ryzen- windows 10- chrome/edge/Avast browsers * Moved from Internet Explorer...
  8. Change Windows 10 Insider Preview Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Windows 10 Insider Preview Edition: After troubleshooting, when I discovered that my windows was not activated, I got this message: [ATTACH] Please how do I change my Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview to Windows 10 Home Insider Preview?...
  9. You can soon limit Windows 10 Updates download speeds with value

in Windows 10 News
    You can soon limit Windows 10 Updates download speeds with value: With Windows 10 20H1 update, Microsoft is planning to give you more control of Windows Update’s downloads. In Windows 10 Build 18912, Microsoft has introduced advanced bandwidth settings for Windows Update that will finally allow users to limit the download speeds with...
  10. Download Speeds on Windows 10.

Download Speeds on Windows 10.: So I have 100mb/s internet, and normally that led to about 90mb/s to 70mb/s actual download speed for games etc. But ever since one windows update awhile back everything has gone down to 10mb/s - 2mb/s range. To which I thought maybe my internet just went trash, but no, I if...