Windows 10: Is there a way to enable wireless without a key? Or can I get another way of using a hotkey...

Discus and support Is there a way to enable wireless without a key? Or can I get another way of using a hotkey... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to enable my laptop's wireless. It doesn't have an physical switch, so I need to use the shortcut Fn + F4... but my F4 is not working. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dumbestdumbstupid, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Is there a way to enable wireless without a key? Or can I get another way of using a hotkey...

I need to enable my laptop's wireless. It doesn't have an physical switch, so I need to use the shortcut Fn + F4... but my F4 is not working.

I have an external keyboard, is there a way I could use it for this? Or is there an virtual switch (somewhere on Windows options) I can click to do the job?

You can't use key combination (for this, specically) on virtual keyboard, btw

submitted by /u/dumbestdumbstupid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dumbestdumbstupid, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Windows 10 Cannot enable wireless adapter

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

How are you trying to enable Wireless adapter?

We would suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R and type devmgmt.msc and click ok.
    • This will open device manager, now scroll down and expand network adapter, right click and select enable.
    • If you still have issues enabling wireless adapter, right click the uninstall it and reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    To know more about uninstalling device using device manager, refer to the below link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553572(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Wireless console 2 Malfunction

g71 does have bluetooth, it will enable just like wireless. Assuming with a function key and the bluetooth key... buy not real sure.

To enable is Fn+F2 Bluetooth switch Hotkeys

CrackerJack, Apr 5, 2020
  4. entropy13 Win User

Is there a way to enable wireless without a key? Or can I get another way of using a hotkey...

Are custom hotkeys possible?

Use PTT then. You can only mute it manually. But pressing the PTT key (in my case the left CTRL) does the same, albeit in a different way i.e. you're muted until you press the hotkey, while what you want is you're not muted unless you press a hotkey. And is PTT that much of a hassle?

entropy13, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to enable wireless without a key? Or can I get another way of using a hotkey...

1. Is there a way to enable wireless without a key? Or can I get another way of using a hotkey... - Similar Threads - enable wireless without

2. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  3. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  4. Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver?: Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver? Like, I want to have it so that when I press Crtl + Alt + O it would trigger the Screensaver. submitted by /u/XTremeGameboy [link] [comments]...
  5. A Way Only Enable Touchpad mouse-Keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A Way Only Enable Touchpad mouse-Keys?: Hello everyone, Just as the tile asked, is there a way in Windows to only enable the left and right buttons of a laptop's touchpad? I mean, touchpad often comes with its surface sensing function, and at least two keys usually at the bottom as the left and right clicks of...
  6. Any ways to create a custom hotkey without bloatwear running in the background?

Any ways to create a custom hotkey without bloatwear running in the background?: Hi, so there's like a dozen different keyboard shotcut interrupt layers that enable custom shortcuts in windows, but I don't want to have to run bloated wares just to do one simple keyboard shortcut. I'm looking for the lightest lightweight solution possible to create a...
  7. Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?

Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?: I'm trying to set up a custom hotkey to mute my mic while in fullscreen games. I have everything set in a powershell script, which is called by a batch file to use the script, and send a command to a global class it creates. That's all working fine. I created a shortcut to...
  8. Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown?

Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown?: Incase an app crashes and refuses to close, even with task manager or Alt-F4 (this has happened, I had to hard reset). I've already looked into the "Choose what the power button does" but it has no option to change the sleep button to shutdown. Also, while I'm posting this,...
  9. Is there a way to get the windows installer on a usb without another pc?

Is there a way to get the windows installer on a usb without another pc?: Plan to install windows on a new pc. The only other PCs I have have viruses, so unless it’s ok to install the windows installer on a usb with a pc that has a virus, I don’t know what to do submitted by /u/xenos97 [link] [comments]...
  10. uninstall is there another way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall is there another way: Why cant i uninstall this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-is-there-another-way/63a97353-efb4-4ce0-9757-75bc5b51e67f