Windows 10: Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation?

Discus and support Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation? I have done testing with insider programs. I also tested this with my windows 7 oem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by groze, Nov 11, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation?

I have done testing with insider programs. I also tested this with my windows 7 oem install, I rolled the oem back to windows 7. I also used a windows 7 retail version to also upgrade to windows 10. This way I can keep my multiple boot setup. I just want to be legit that is all.

:)

groze, Nov 11, 2015

2. Is there a way to find out which account is associated with a windows phone?

Because of her age, was the phone listed under an adults account?

Look at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family#/
    under the adults account

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 11, 2015
  3. EmazAnwar Win User
    Is there a way to find out which account is associated with a windows phone?

Actually, this is not possible. We cannot determine your account without the email address. You can make a new Microsoft Account for your father. That's all you can do right now!

EmazAnwar, Nov 11, 2015
  4. dmccoyks Win User

dmccoyks, Nov 12, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    Thank you. I was already aware of that. That was not my issue. It has been resolved. It looks like Microsoft may have reset all 7 & 8.x keys (except windows 7 oemslp keys) I was able to use my windows 7 retail key on windows 10. This key was blocked because I had activated to much (I over tested). I was ready to call Microsoft. I was trying windows 7 retail on virtual machine, it didn't work to well and because of my goofs it caused the windows 7 retail key to be blocked. I was just waiting on the new windows 10 update.

What I did, is right click properties of "Thispc" clicked change key and I followed the prompts. It took the windows 7 retail key without issue & also activated without issue. Now when I do a clean, I won't have to worry about the key. Now, I can keep my multiple boot setup legally.

Just for reference windows 10 32 bit is installed on the hard drive.

groze, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation? - Similar Threads - find key was

2. Is there a way to find out your product key without cmd prompt or regedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to find out your product key without cmd prompt or regedit?: Hello, I put a new user profile on my computer for the kids to play on and I was trying to secure things so they couldn't mess my computer up and I did something to screw it up myself. I can still use the computer but a lot of my windows programs wont work. It comes back with...
  3. Finding activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding activation key: I am trying to find the activation key for a preinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and have tried using Showkey but am getting a warning not to run this app. So how do we find the key now that Showkey is not going to run? 181171
  4. Finding Activation Key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finding Activation Key?: Hi Microsoft Forums, As part of the process to upgrade my work computer Microsoft Surface Pro 7, I was asked to do a factory reset. After completing the factory reset my computer is saying that I need to activate Windows with the product key. However, I don't have access to...
  5. How to find out which Microsoft Account you’re using with OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    How to find out which Microsoft Account you’re using with OneDrive: [ATTACH]OneDrive works perfectly to expand your computer’s storage using cloud tech. You also don’t […] This article How to find out which Microsoft Account you’re using with OneDrive first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Find out which background processes are not needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find out which background processes are not needed.: I am using a computer for playing games and a few other stuff. My Device's specs: [ATTACH] Windows's specs: [ATTACH] The game's that I play do not need use too much CPU and RAM when running alone. However occasionally the game will lag and I will need to restart game to...
  7. Find out which device is turning the screen on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Find out which device is turning the screen on: I've set my energy plan to turn the screen off after 5 minutes, but every time the screen is turned of it is turned on right away. In the System log there's an event saying that the event was "Input Mouse" but even if I turn off the mouse this still happens. Here's the full...
  8. Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or...: Sometimes the folder labels don’t match with any known program so I’m unsure if it’s leftovers from an uninstalled program or actually used submitted by /u/Bombzopple [link] [comments]...
  9. Query which key to use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query which key to use: I have used Showkey Plus to find the key to my laptop but am confused as to which of the keys I should use if ever I have to replace the harddrive. IE I have one key that is titled the installed key and one that is called the OEM key can anyone please advise me of which one...
  10. Way to find out what activated my cmd window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to find out what activated my cmd window?: I had just logged on to the Internet today and was getting ready to start "surfing" and my CMD window came up and closed before I could read what was activating it. Any way to see a log history of CMD windows? I want to know what it was. I don't like this.... could be...