Windows 10: Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or...

Discus and support Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes the folder labels don’t match with any known program so I’m unsure if it’s leftovers from an uninstalled program or actually used submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bombzopple, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or...

Sometimes the folder labels don’t match with any known program so I’m unsure if it’s leftovers from an uninstalled program or actually used

submitted by /u/Bombzopple
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bombzopple, Mar 25, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Chmid Win User
    Create new folders in the All apps list

When I select the All apps tab from the start button I see a list of all of the apps/programs that I have available.

I currently have a folder (Western Digital) that has 3 programs listed. These 3 are for a device "net drive" and I would like to create a sub folder named "net drive" and put those 3 programs in that folder and then add a "Duo" folder and add it's programs
    to that folder so that in effect I have a tree like below:

• Western Digital
      • Net Drive
        • 1 program
        • 2 program
        • 3 program
      • Duo
        • 1 program
        • 2 program
        • 3 program
    Is this possible?

Chmid, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or...

Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or...

1. Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or... - Similar Threads - find program created

2. File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.: I created a word doc which I subsequently saved as a PDF file. This PDF file was NOT saved in the folder in which I created it, but it was saved on OneDrive. I do NOT want this to happen i.e., I want all my files to be saved in the folders in which they are created. I have a...
  3. File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.: I created a word doc which I subsequently saved as a PDF file. This PDF file was NOT saved in the folder in which I created it, but it was saved on OneDrive. I do NOT want this to happen i.e., I want all my files to be saved in the folders in which they are created. I have a...
  4. how to find out to which account an app is connected

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to find out to which account an app is connected: I use a business account and a personal account connected to the windows store. How do I find out which apps are connected with which account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-out-to-which-account-an-app-is/c4b98eca-5791-4d4a-8a4a-129012a9b8a7
  5. Is there a way to find which programm created one of my folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to find which programm created one of my folders?: Recently I was trying to extract textures from one of my programs, and then I saw a new folder called "Textures" that contained all the textures that I need. But this program wasn't the only program from which I needed to extract images, so I desided to find which of my...
  6. Which app/services creates this log?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which app/services creates this log?: Hello Windows 10 Home v2004 In this case was V0100004.log but these log files are like roaches. Which service is creating them? Any way to kill them? C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\VXXXXXX.log Thanks 164502
  7. which program makes folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    which program makes folders: Hi I have 3 folders that always return in my documents. really annoying I want to know which program makes them. Th folders are dropbox easytune aangepaste office sjablonen I already have removed dropbox and easytune. I relocated "aangepaste office sjablonen"...
  8. Which Data Should Go no Which Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Data Should Go no Which Drive?: I have a 1TB Hard Drive and a 512GB SSD. How do I make it so Windows boots up on my SSD, and what are your recommendations on what should go on my SSD, and what should go on my Hard Drive? I’m new to PC gaming, so I would appreciate all of your help. (Edit: sorry about title,...
  9. Which metada data field does Photo app use to create the folder while importing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which metada data field does Photo app use to create the folder while importing?: My GoPro had a depleted battery, and its date was reset. I edited the exif "Creation Date" field. Using the file explorer properties dialog I can see that it was correctly edited, But when I try to import the photos and MP4s from a pen drive they are all imported as they were...
  10. Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation?: Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation? I have done testing with insider programs. I also tested this with my windows 7 oem install, I rolled the oem back to windows 7. I also used a windows 7 retail version to also upgrade to windows 10. This way I...