Windows 10: is there a way to find & remove orphaned files in windows 10?

Discus and support is there a way to find & remove orphaned files in windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is there a way to find & remove orphaned files in windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustMe6010, Jul 29, 2020.

1. is there a way to find & remove orphaned files in windows 10?

is there a way to find & remove orphaned files in windows 10?

:)

JustMe6010, Jul 29, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 29, 2020
  3. How to remove an orphaned icon in quick access?

I have a folder icon pinned in my quick access in windows explorer, which became an orphan. So when clicking on it, an error saying cannot find or no longer exsits would come up.

This happened from doing a system restore and it being from an old onedrive folder. This folder goes nowhere, and it is in my quick access list. I am trying to remove it, but it will not go away. The unpin from quick access does not work.

I relinked it with a folder in my onedrive, this made it a functional folder again, but still cannot remove from quick access list.

any help?

StronghandincVV, Jul 29, 2020
  4. wateratz Win User

Removing orphaned App in Belle refresh (N8)

I have just noticed that I have an App appearing in my Menu of Apps, but it does not appear in the list of Installed Apps, and it is a Dictionary. It has a Red Icon, and if I click on it, it comes with "No History File" and then shows "Dictionary Files Missing
    or have been moved". I notice that at the top left i refers to it as Talking dictionary" It is not however the Talking Dictionary that shows on the Nokia Store which has an Orange icon.

If I long-tap the icon, there is not an option to remove. I also cannot find out what it is, to try and reinstall.

Does anyone know how to remove an orphaned App and it's icon?

wateratz, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. is there a way to find & remove orphaned files in windows 10? - Similar Threads - find remove orphaned

2. Is there a way to find what data files are currently open in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to find what data files are currently open in Windows 10?: Google searches show me how to find applications that are running, but not files that are opened by an application. I've got a file opened by my Kindle for PC and I'd like to know which file it is from the perspective of explorer.Thanks,LAS...
  3. Is there a way to find what data files are currently open in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to find what data files are currently open in Windows 10?: Google searches show me how to find applications that are running, but not files that are opened by an application. I've got a file opened by my Kindle for PC and I'd like to know which file it is from the perspective of explorer.Thanks,LAS...
  4. Is there a way to find the location of an open file?

Is there a way to find the location of an open file?: I'm coming from the MacOS environment where I'd right click on the filename in the titlebar and it'd show me where the file I'm working on is currently saved. Is there a way to find that information in the Windows environment? Thanks in advance for your response! Janvin...
  5. Orphaned Windows 10 Acount

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Orphaned Windows 10 Acount: Hi Brains Trust, I have two Windows 10 digital licences attached to my MS account. One is active, the other has been orphaned by me switching the computer back to Windows 7 without unlicencing it. What I would like to do is to transfer the orphaned licence to the other...
  6. Find and remove duplicated files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find and remove duplicated files: Use the app " Duplicated file remover“, Scan a hard disk. After a few hours, the screen shows conflict info "scanning duplicated 100%" and "remaining one file" for more than two hours. What should I do?. Wait more or cancel it....
  7. Cannot remove orphaned email account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove orphaned email account in windows 10: Hello there, I hope someone can help me with a big problem . When i go to windows 10 -> settings -> accounts - email and accounts Then under accounts ->using other apps, I see two old email addresses which i need to remove. However when i click on an address which I want...
  8. Can't Delete Orphaned Folder in Windows 10

Can't Delete Orphaned Folder in Windows 10: So I moved a folder under a user account on a new dell windows 10 PC I was setting up from the C: drive to the D: drive (using right mouse click drag/move). The folder transferred fine but the folder name still exists under the user account and cannot be deleted. Trying to...
  9. chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files: hi, I ran chkdsk /f on my external HDD which was attached to a wifi router and I am using HDD on remote access and for internal LAN sharing of files too. However, I got problem with the HDD after running chkdsk /f function and it results saying there are 9 orphaned file...
  10. Removing Windows Apps sometimes leaves orphan "icons" in the startmenu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Windows Apps sometimes leaves orphan "icons" in the startmenu: I removed the Windows Apps (3D Builder, Groovy etc.) using PowerShell and Remove-AppxPackage / Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage on our Windows 10 machines (64bit, some Home, some Pro) at home. This worked satisfying enough, but for some (very few) local users the start menu...