Windows 10: is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the...

Discus and support is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two monitors that are both 1080p, one is landscape and one is portrait, when I try to align them so the mouse doesn't jump up or down when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Josh B 1980, Oct 3, 2019.

1. is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the...

I have two monitors that are both 1080p, one is landscape and one is portrait, when I try to align them so the mouse doesn't jump up or down when I move between monitors there is at best a half inch difference.

is there a setting that can be manually changed in the registry that will let me fine tune where the two resolutions are, for example the landscape monitor pixel 0,0 meets monitor 2's 0,1080

:)

Josh B 1980, Oct 3, 2019

2. Fine-tune the position of multiple displays relative to each other

I have two monitors with different resolutions. One has a vertical resolution of 1080, the other of 1200. In the display settings, I can adjust their relative position towards one another. The problem is that this position snaps into place when the upper
    or lower borders of both displays are close to each other.

This means I can't center the display with the smaller resolution. It always snaps to the top or bottom of the larger display. This doesn't match the physical position of my monitors though. Is there any way I can fine-tune this or turn off the automatic
    alignment? (PS: I use Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, but to my knowledge the problem exists in all Win10 versions),

Tastentier, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Fine-tune the position of multiple displays relative to each other

Maybe this image helps illustrate the problem:

is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the... 0f0775f7-3d2b-4994-ae00-f5b99d5a4878.jpg

This is the monitor alignment that can be reached via right-click on desktop --> "Display Settings". When one display is dragged too close to the upper or lower end of the other, it automatically aligns to the top or bottom of the other display. Sadly, this
    means that when the vertical resolutions are very similar, a centered alignment becomes impossible. It always snaps into place as shown above.

When the vertical resolutions are different enough, such as 1920 x 1080 and 1440 x 768, this is not an issue. I've tested this with an older monitor. But the ones that I ultimately want to use have native resolutions of 1920 x 1080 and 1600 x 1200, and that's
    too similar for a centered alignment. There ought to be a way to disable the automatic alignment or maybe fine-tune the position via the cursor keys.

Tastentier, Oct 3, 2019
  4. MJ5990 Win User

is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the...

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

For me at least, this ended up being the solution to the problem; thank you!

Windows makes it easy to do multiple monitor alignment, but apparently for the 'fine tuning' you have to go into the video card's control panel "Set up multiple displays" and makes sure they are exactly touching each other there.

Thanks so much for the help on this; had been driving me batty and I definitely never thought to go into the video card's control panel for something that is built into Windows.

Symptom I had -- I currently have 3 displays. Left monitor is 1080x1920 in portrait orientation (for documents). Bottom right monitor is 2048x1152, landscape. Top right monitor is 1920x1080, landscape.

The portrait monitor on left touched both of the other screens, and there was no problem at all moving between the portrait monitor and either of the two landscape monitors. The problem came when I moved vertically from the top landscape monitor to the
    bottom, or vice-versa. The mouse would stop at the edge between those two monitors unless I moved it fast enough to "throw" it from one monitor to the other.

It turned out to just be the luck of the draw that the Windows multiple monitor settings properly touched the left monitor to the two right monitors, but bad luck that it didn't happen to exactly touch the top to the bottom. In the Nvidia control panel,
    it was obvious that the top and bottom monitors had a very slight gap between them.

MJ5990, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the...

1. is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the... - Similar Threads - fine tune position

2. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing...
  3. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing...
  4. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Adjusting multiple monitor positions when DPI is different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjusting multiple monitor positions when DPI is different: Windows 11 assumes all monitors have the same DPI, so if I try to line up a 1600x1200 monitor with a 1920x1080 monitor side by side, but the 1080 one is physically larger, things don't match up when I move the mouse cursor across. Is there any way to tell Windows the DPI is...
  6. Adjusting multiple monitor positions when DPI is different

Adjusting multiple monitor positions when DPI is different: Windows 11 assumes all monitors have the same DPI, so if I try to line up a 1600x1200 monitor with a 1920x1080 monitor side by side, but the 1080 one is physically larger, things don't match up when I move the mouse cursor across. Is there any way to tell Windows the DPI is...
  7. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions: I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap...
  8. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions: I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap...
  9. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Any way to fine-tune multi-monitor height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to fine-tune multi-monitor height?: I have a triple screen setup but the screens are not the same size so they don't align properly when I extend a window / game over multiple screens (it is about 1cm too high and I can't physically adjust my screen height). I use the default Windows 10 "Rearrange your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple monitor Fine-tuning position

2. how to fine tune multiple display