Windows 10: is there a way to fix settings from opening with java without having to reinstall windows

Discus and support is there a way to fix settings from opening with java without having to reinstall windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for some reason when i try to open settings it just flashes, i cant use the command prompt nor power shell because of java and id like to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ask a pineapple, Jul 14, 2020.

1. is there a way to fix settings from opening with java without having to reinstall windows

for some reason when i try to open settings it just flashes, i cant use the command prompt nor power shell because of java and id like to be able to fix this without having to reinstall windows

:)

ask a pineapple, Jul 14, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Upgrading cpu and mother without reinstalling windows 10

in most cases you can do exactly what you are trying to do by taking the os drive and plugging it into the new system and booting in safe mode. once in safe mode open a command prompt as administrator and type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" hit enter. then type "start devmgmt.msc" hit enter again and device manager should open up. after that click the "view" tab and select "show hidden devices". then you just expand each list and unistall all the drivers that are slightly transparent. once you are all done go ahead and reboot the system and install all the new drivers. in most cases this is enough and does not need anything more done.

edit: just boot the os into safe mode the first time and let it install drivers then reboot and fallow the steps i listed above. back with windows vista and earlier windows versions this would be problematic but sense 7 ive found that swapping boards from different manufacturers and even amd to intel has become mostly doable. ive done it a handfull of times.

Final_Fighter, Jul 14, 2020
  4. is there a way to fix settings from opening with java without having to reinstall windows

Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

"Reinstall or update Java Runtime Environment

If you can’t run jar files on your Windows 10 PC, you might need to reinstall Java Runtime Environment. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.

When the Settings app opens, go to the System section. Now, choose Apps & features from the left pane.

Locate Java from the list and choose the Uninstall option.

After doing that, navigate to Java’s website and download the latest version of the software. Once installed, check if the problem is resolved. Keep in mind that it’s not mandatory that you remove your previous Java installation, so you can skip that step and
    just install the latest version on top.

Java will also automatically check for updates, and if updates are available you’ll get a notification. To update Java, simply click the notification and choose the Update option. Now follow the instructions to complete the update"

More details here:

https://windowsreport.com/jar-files-not-opening...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DouglasMillar69, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

is there a way to fix settings from opening with java without having to reinstall windows

1. is there a way to fix settings from opening with java without having to reinstall windows - Similar Threads - fix settings opening

2. Is there a way to fix windows not opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix windows not opening?: I just got a new pc today and it worked perfectly fine on startup. I turned off the pc and turned it back on again, and all of the apps I try to open do open, but I can’t open the windows. This applies for all apps, and I have watched multiple videos trying to resolve this...
  3. Is there a way to fix windows not opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to fix windows not opening?: I just got a new pc today and it worked perfectly fine on startup. I turned off the pc and turned it back on again, and all of the apps I try to open do open, but I can’t open the windows. This applies for all apps, and I have watched multiple videos trying to resolve this...
  4. ways to fix this error without reinstalling windows ten

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ways to fix this error without reinstalling windows ten: recently after updating my computer i got a message saying my windows was not able to activate my windows i was given the error 0xCOO4F074 i contacted Microsoft support and was given a new activation key but when i tried to use it i was given the error 0x803FA067 after this...
  5. ways to fix this error without reinstalling windows ten

ways to fix this error without reinstalling windows ten: recently after updating my computer i got a message saying my windows was not able to activate my windows i was given the error 0xCOO4F074 i contacted Microsoft support and was given a new activation key but when i tried to use it i was given the error 0x803FA067 after this...
  6. ways to fix this error without reinstalling windows ten

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to fix boot issue without reinstalling windows and without losing all settings app and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix boot issue without reinstalling windows and without losing all settings app and...: 13th November I was using my desktop and had a successful shutdown. Next day I started cleaning my desktop by taking apart the graphics card and the PSU. After I put it all together and hit the power button it boot but stuck at loading Page before windows log in and after few...
  8. How to fix boot issue without reinstalling windows and without losing all settings app and...

How to fix boot issue without reinstalling windows and without losing all settings app and...: 13th November I was using my desktop and had a successful shutdown. Next day I started cleaning my desktop by taking apart the graphics card and the PSU. After I put it all together and hit the power button it boot but stuck at loading Page before windows log in and after few...
  9. How to fix boot issue without reinstalling windows and without losing all settings app and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Minecraft java reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft java reinstall: I uninstalled minecraft java but i dont know how to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-java-reinstall/e3de1411-ff69-46f5-a167-d01265e372e5