Windows 10: Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

Discus and support Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes when I play a fullscreen game,then I just want to minimize it to do something else shortly. Win+D doesn't work for every game,sometimes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Toadfield, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

Sometimes when I play a fullscreen game,then I just want to minimize it to do something else shortly.

Win+D doesn't work for every game,sometimes it just freezes the game.

I also tried borderless gaming so that I can make all fullscreen games borderless windowed so that I can minimize them via Win+D,but when I press Win+F6 to activate borderless gaming (I suppose that this is the way to enable it for a game),then it just freezes some games too.

submitted by /u/Toadfield
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Toadfield, Jul 21, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Prevent Fullscreen games from minimizing?

I've been playing an ARPG called Path of Exile lately, and the game seems to run way smooth in Fullscreen mode than it does in Windowed Fullscreen. The only problem I have is if a window pops up outside of the game, it'll minimize the game and pull me out of it. Since I'm playing a hardcore character, this is potentially deadly and a situation I'm looking to avoid. Is there any way possible to prevent another window from taking focus and minimizing another program like the game I'm trying to play?

CK011885, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Cerawy Win User
    Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Jul 21, 2021
  4. .Monkey Win User

Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

Keeping Game Fullscreen

When I have a game on fullscreen mode on Windows 10 and then I switch to a different desktop and then come back to the game's desktop, the game becomes minimized and takes a while for it to go back into it. Is there any way to keep it from minimizing when
    switching desktops so I can get back to the game instantly without waiting ~10 seconds?

Thank you

.Monkey, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

1. Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game? - Similar Threads - force minimize fullscreen

2. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: All games and applications with Fullscreen mode minimize automatically and frequently during use. I have tried numerous fixes from turning game mode off to changing registry settings. My graphics drivers and windows version are up to date. Apps are required to be ran in...
  3. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: All games and applications with Fullscreen mode minimize automatically and frequently during use. I have tried numerous fixes from turning game mode off to changing registry settings. My graphics drivers and windows version are up to date. Apps are required to be ran in...
  4. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: I have windows 11 22H2 KB5029351. It seems since a recent update, all my Fullscreen games are being automatically minimized at least every 10 seconds. I have tried a myriad of fixes, all to no avail. From updating graphics drivers, to changing windows settings. Any help is...
  5. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: I have windows 11 22H2 KB5029351. It seems since a recent update, all my Fullscreen games are being automatically minimized at least every 10 seconds. I have tried a myriad of fixes, all to no avail. From updating graphics drivers, to changing windows settings. Any help is...
  6. Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games): Hope someone can help out there. For about the last 6-9 months since some spurious Windows or Nvidia driver update, I have noticed that if I enable HDR within Windows 10, ANY game set to exclusive Full screen mode will force HDR on, regardless if the game supports HDR or not....
  7. Games minimize when fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize when fullscreen?: I reloaded Windows a few months ago, and since then my games that start up fullscreen (or any game I turn on fullscreen) just outright minimize and it seems like it refreshes my desktop. I've tried reloading windows completely with a fresh install, removing all files and...
  8. Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.: Out of the blue the other day, all full screen games decided to start minimizing every few seconds. I can switch to windowed or borderless windowed, but those are unnacceptable fixes for me as performance suffers a bunch. I have tried re-installing games, disabling overlays,...
  9. Windows instantly and constantly minimizes my fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows instantly and constantly minimizes my fullscreen games: Whenever i launch csgo or call of duty warzone, the application is minimized after it loads and whenever i try to maximize it, it doesn't work it "tries" for a second and goes back....
  10. How to force Night Light in every fullscreen game?

How to force Night Light in every fullscreen game?: When gaming at night I prefer to have Night Light enabled, to make the screen a little more orange so that the blue light won't mess with my melatonin levels. This is pretty well documented - there are many studies confirming that this does have an effect on sleep quality,...