Windows 10: Is there a way to force to scale all apps to something higher?

Discus and support Is there a way to force to scale all apps to something higher? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have a 1440p monitor,the problem is that most programs look very tiny. When I set that apps get scaled to something higher here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Toadfield, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Is there a way to force to scale all apps to something higher?

Is there a way to force to scale all apps to something higher? SV18okb6nLKlchZpTaSaSxO8tJMOt2G40xW05dLjv24.jpg

I have a 1440p monitor,the problem is that most programs look very tiny.

When I set that apps get scaled to something higher here:

https://preview.redd.it/27tgfd8oqmc...bp&s=538acb1fcb0e47b1cbddffd5d8b7eca57fe409fc

and it works for some programs,but it doesn't work for most programs I use.

I saw a youtube video that shows how to scale individual applications to something higher,but I want that it works for all applications so that I don't have to do it manually.

submitted by /u/Toadfield
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Toadfield, Jul 21, 2021

2. Is there a way to force DPI scaling?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding DPI scaling.

Please be informed that you cannot force a DPI scaling on a particular app, right now there is no option to do that. If you have set a custom scaling level to 250% and if the app doesn’t support, to run the app, you have to disable
    dpi scaling for that particular app.

You may follow the below steps and check.

1. You may right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties.

2. On the Compatibility tab, select “Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings” and then click OK.

3. Now check if you can use the application.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Is there a way to force DPI scaling?

The native DPI scaling is already properly set. (Change the size of text, apps, and other items is already properly set to 250%.). Some applications, however, disobey this DPI setting. An application (ChemDraw) that I am using is "nominally" claiming to
    be HighDPIAware, when, in fact, the icons are not designed to behave well in high DPI screens (somewhat dishonestly). Is there a way to "force" DPI scaling of an application without changing the resolution of the screen?

MicrosoftUserAnthony, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Is there a way to force to scale all apps to something higher?

custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to force to scale all apps to something higher?

1. Is there a way to force to scale all apps to something higher? - Similar Threads - force scale apps

2. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  3. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  4. Any way to scale just a few apps only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to scale just a few apps only?: There's some apps that I use where the text is too small and it's fixed if I change the windows scale from 100% 125% but this also affects everything else on my computer... I just want to scale some apps to 125% while the rest of windows 10 stays at 100%. Is this possible?...
  5. Any way to scale just a few apps only?

Any way to scale just a few apps only?: There's some apps that I use where the text is too small and it's fixed if I change the windows scale from 100% 125% but this also affects everything else on my computer... I just want to scale some apps to 125% while the rest of windows 10 stays at 100%. Is this possible?...
  6. Forcing higher "resolution"

Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  7. Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?: So I lately discovered that Japanese game makers adopted an amazing trend in their games that is sometimes referred to as Resolution Scaling and sometimes as Under Scaling , the trend copies from Anti-aliasing but inversely , so instead of rendering at double+ res then...
  8. disable DPI scaling by default for all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable DPI scaling by default for all apps: I have Windows 10 DPI set to 150% and many apps are blurry. As you know, this is fixed by disabling DPI scaling per app, but I would like to do that for all apps by default. I am already using the "XPE Windows 10 DPI Fix", but this does not fix it for me. I have researched it...
  9. disable DPI scaling by default for all apps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disable DPI scaling by default for all apps: I have Windows 10 DPI set to 150% and many apps are blurry. As you know, this is fixed by disabling DPI scaling per app, but I would like to do that for all apps by default. I am already using the "XPE Windows 10 DPI Fix", but this does not fix it for me. I have researched it...
  10. Is there any way to force more resources to an app?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there any way to force more resources to an app?: I have a new backup drive (WD MyCloud) and new software to backup a large amount of data (1.5TB). the process is progressing extremely slow (only about 20 GB/day). When I look at task manager I see that little or no GPU and only 14% of memory being used. Is there some...