Windows 10: Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup?

Discus and support Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For some reason my computer hasn’t been able to boot up at all. Recently I tried to just reset my computer but something messed up the reset. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Santiago Ortis, May 17, 2023.

1. Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup?

For some reason my computer hasn’t been able to boot up at all. Recently I tried to just reset my computer but something messed up the reset. After that, it brought me to a page that said windows recovery environment or windows 10. I pressed windows ten and it’s been stuck in a loop of “Preparing Automatic Repair” “Diagnosing Pc” and “Attempting Repairs”. I want to try an reset my computer again since last time I wasn’t in my room for the reset but I don’t know how to get to the troubleshooting menu.

:)

Santiago Ortis, May 17, 2023

2. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, May 17, 2023
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Troubleshooting a Laptop

Do any of the lights on the notebook glow or flash?
    Which ones and what do they do? Answered that.

Have you tried a hard reset, per HP: HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

95Viper, May 17, 2023
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup?

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup?

1. Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup? - Similar Threads - force computer troubleshoot

2. Start menu Troubleshooter!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu Troubleshooter!: Hi, as the "Start Menu Troubleshooter" been removed from Windows 10 ? I can not see it in "Additional Troubleshooters" ! Some sites say Microsoft have removed it and others how to downloaded it! I didn't want to try from a unknown site!BrianWindows 10 22H2...
  3. Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup?: For some reason my computer hasn’t been able to boot up at all. Recently I tried to just reset my computer but something messed up the reset. After that, it brought me to a page that said windows recovery environment or windows 10. I pressed windows ten and it’s been stuck in...
  4. Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to force your computer to go into the troubleshoot menu on startup?: For some reason my computer hasn’t been able to boot up at all. Recently I tried to just reset my computer but something messed up the reset. After that, it brought me to a page that said windows recovery environment or windows 10. I pressed windows ten and it’s been stuck in...
  5. What is going on with my computer forcing open a random YouTube page on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my computer forcing open a random YouTube page on startup?: Hey Microsoft Community - help!I've reinstalled something from an old old laptop, only to find out it's causing my computer to be very... odd. Now, when I start my computer up, Google Chrome is force opening itself to a random YouTube page. I've deleted and uninstalled the...
  6. What is going on with my computer forcing open a random YouTube page on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is going on with my computer forcing open a random YouTube page on startup?: Hey Microsoft Community - help!I've reinstalled something from an old old laptop, only to find out it's causing my computer to be very... odd. Now, when I start my computer up, Google Chrome is force opening itself to a random YouTube page. I've deleted and uninstalled the...
  7. What is going on with my computer forcing open a random YouTube page on startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Your forced update ruined my computer!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your forced update ruined my computer!: I have the blue screen of death, This is fraud, I did not want the update! My computer was fine prior to the update! I gather the "fix" is to purchase yet another window based computer, to download some fix for your forced update! No Way! I went out and got another...
  9. STARTUP TROUBLESHOOTING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STARTUP TROUBLESHOOTING: Hi! Help me pls. After opening my laptop its asking me to choose an option. Its either troubleshoot or turn off your laptop. If i choose turnoff its still the same nothing happen. Itried the advance option "startup repair", "system restore", "uninstall updates" and "system...
  10. Forced to go to Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forced to go to Edge: I am a slow adapter and trying to convert to Edge after getting pretty good at meeting my own needs with IE. Why can't I find the IP address for Edge's home page? I've read all about settings and options like custom home page but try as I will I can't get anywhere using...