Windows 10: Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using...

Discus and support Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using vbscript or a DOS command? And while we are at it, Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by marceepoo, Nov 25, 2018.

1. marceepoo Win User

Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using...

Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using vbscript or a DOS command?

And while we are at it, Is there a way using vbscript or a DOS command, to get a list of all:

1. The .doc? files that are open?
    2. The .pdf files that are open?

I just need to know how to get the data; I can make a list from the data.

Any tips about finding out where I could get help in answering these questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

:)

marceepoo, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Nov 25, 2018
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using...

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using... - Similar Threads - list folders are

2. Is there a way to delete all "Recent Files" list in File Explorer all at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to delete all "Recent Files" list in File Explorer all at once?: Is there a way to delete all "Recent Files" list in File Explorer all at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-all-recent-files-list-in/182cf87b-3900-46d3-b794-99581f1ffad9
  3. Is there a way to delete all "Recent Files" list in File Explorer all at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to delete all "Recent Files" list in File Explorer all at once?: Is there a way to delete all "Recent Files" list in File Explorer all at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-all-recent-files-list-in/182cf87b-3900-46d3-b794-99581f1ffad9
  4. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?: Whenever I change the view layout to list and detail the folder icon change to closed folder like this one Is there a way to always display the folder icon as open folder ? like this one Thank you in advanced....
  5. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?: Whenever I change the view layout to list and detail the folder icon change to closed folder like this one Is there a way to always display the folder icon as open folder ? like this one Thank you in advanced....
  6. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer: Hi, Do someone know how to access or edit the "Open Folder with" list of options ? In registry or elsewhere. To edit the "Open with" for a specific file type, I know the registry path is the following:...
  8. Is there a way to hardcode every Explorer window to open in List View?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to hardcode every Explorer window to open in List View?: Also, I’m browsing an ftp server in explorer. Every time I open a new folder it opens in Tile View. Is there a reason why list view isn’t sticking because it’s ftp? Yes, I know about ftp clients but I have my reasons. submitted by /u/oxjox [link] [comments]...
  9. Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !: I have a shortcut on my desktop to "APPS" ( every app on my computers) so that I do not have to go to the START screen. I want it to always open in the "list" view but it defaults to icons. I have tried opening as administrator, looking in "Files and Folders " for a solution...
  10. Get Win10 File Explorer to open in last used folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Win10 File Explorer to open in last used folder: How do I get File Explorer to open in the last used folder? NOT quick access, just in the normal list of directories. (file folders) I hate 'quick access', it slows everything down so much and makes all other folders invisible - I just want the normal file list visible and...