Windows 10: Is there a way to get back my files after system restore?

Discus and support Is there a way to get back my files after system restore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, I had to do a system restore to troubleshoot a problem and not all my files backed up. Is there any way to get those files back? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jado_05, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Is there a way to get back my files after system restore?

Recently, I had to do a system restore to troubleshoot a problem and not all my files backed up. Is there any way to get those files back?

submitted by /u/jado_05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jado_05, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Clark Ari Win User

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Thrall Win User
    Is There a Way To Protect System Restore?

So I just got off trying to fix my dad's computer, for the 2nd time in a few months, because it has some kind of malware or trojan on it. The first thing I always go to to fix his system is system restore because he doesn't make many changes, if any at all, to windows, software, or basically anything system restore restores other than updating windows. But the last few times he's had various problems system restore, with either has it's restore points being deleted or restore won't even start up. So basically I really need help finding a way to either password protect system restore (preferably for free), get a 3rd restore program that won't get disabled by this malware crap, or any other alternative. I really appreciate any help you can give me because I've had this happen to a few computers that have come my way to fix and i wish there where a way to stop it.

Edit: Just found a program call Settings Lock (Download Settings Lock 2.7.0 Free trial - Password lock Windows settings and functions) that I tested and it did successfully stop me from turning off system restore or changing it--but it's $25 and i'm not sure if restore could be turned off another other than my gui interface with that program so i'm still hoping to find something better or at least hear some more info about it.

Thrall, Jun 24, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

Is there a way to get back my files after system restore?

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CIs there a way to get back my files after system restore? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CIs there a way to get back my files after system restore? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to get back my files after system restore?

1. Is there a way to get back my files after system restore? - Similar Threads - files system restore

2. Is there a way to get my account back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get my account back?: Hello I am writing with a problem that occurred to me today. My account was breached into with the use of password reset code, and the hacker changed both password and email address. I tried the recovery method but it is to no use thanks to me not providing enough evidence....
  3. Is there a way to get my account back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get my account back?: Hello I am writing with a problem that occurred to me today. My account was breached into with the use of password reset code, and the hacker changed both password and email address. I tried the recovery method but it is to no use thanks to me not providing enough evidence....
  4. Any way to get my files back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to get my files back?: So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my...
  5. Any way to get my files back?

Any way to get my files back?: So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my...
  6. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  7. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  8. Lost my files after system restore

9. Get back programs after system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get back programs after system restore: How do I get back my programs after a system restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-back-programs-after-system-restore/45d52eab-c509-4a05-8292-4ff039d5d799
  10. System Restore windows 10 need to get my files from an external drive back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore windows 10 need to get my files from an external drive back: Hi We have done a system restore on my husbands computer (windows 10) as it completely crashed and used the system recovery tool to backup to an external drive. Now his computer is up and running but how do we restore the backed up files back on the computer ? All are .wim...