Windows 10: Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back?

Discus and support Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, firstly I want to say, I know this isn't a popular discussion, but after updating to Windows 10 version 20H2, the Cortana features have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XxBryanO, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back?

Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back? B-yAnSID6de7M9HQ36QBg1oiD641bdqh_b_FaVRfAsY.jpg

Hi, firstly I want to say, I know this isn't a popular discussion, but after updating to Windows 10 version 20H2, the Cortana features have been useless, I used to be able to tell Cortana to play music, but now it seems that the only few things it can do are add things to my list. Is there a way I can get back the Legacy Cortana version without downgrading my Windows update etc?

https://preview.redd.it/b3fkj1iuu2b...bp&s=242077248edd0366d094c367b7a30c7b0f7d1602

submitted by /u/XxBryanO
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XxBryanO, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back?

Cortana is not tracking flights automatically after updating the old itinerary

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Cortana settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable and re-enable Cortana settings in the computer.

• Sign in the computer.
      • Then click on Search bar.
      • In the search box at the bottom, type Cortana & Search settings in the search bar and click on it.
      • Then try to disable Cortana from Windows 10.
      • To re-enable Cortana, you can click inside the Cortana search bar.
      • From the bottom of the left section of the Cortana pane, click the Cortana icon.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

• Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back?

1. Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back? - Similar Threads - Legacy Cortana Old

2. Is there a way to reset cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to reset cortana?: For some reason cortana hangs on the loading screen, that's annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-reset-cortana/dc48fbcf-e34a-4cd8-88b9-cbf139afbf90
  3. Cant get cortana back up

in Cortana
    Cant get cortana back up: i was messing with my windows and I made Cortana hidden but I cant seem to get Cortana and the search bar back anyone know? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-cortana-back-up/e1c2a00e-1608-41b6-96de-9c9efd00b35f
  4. How to get windows cortana back

in Cortana
    How to get windows cortana back: So I remember like 1-2 years ago I removed cortana with a registry edit I think and now I want to add cortana back because a game requires it in order to use speech recognition. How would I be able to add cortana back?...
  5. How to get the old Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get the old Cortana?: I haven't used Cortana in years but I decided to try it today. I noticed it looks much simpler and dumbed down. It looks like Microsoft removed a lot of it's features? Also when I say "hey cortana" it doesn't respond. It doesn't respond to anything I say unless I manually...
  6. Anyway to get the old Cortana back?

Anyway to get the old Cortana back?: I just upgraded to version 2004 and got the new Cortana, basally it's sucks and dump and worse than the old one. Playing music was the most important feature to me, the new Cortana doesn't support that sadly :/ Anyway to downgrade Cortana? submitted by /u/Mr_DJA [link]...
  7. Getting Cortana Legacy Edition on Windows 10 version 2004?

Getting Cortana Legacy Edition on Windows 10 version 2004?: So just updated Windows to version 2004, and noticed the new Cortana is rather useless. I used to have Cortana play my Spotify music and other stuff but after seeing the new version can't even respond to Hey Cortana. I removed it completely, but was wondering if anyone know...
  8. How to get cortana icon back on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get cortana icon back on taskbar: how to get cortana icon on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-icon-back-on-taskbar/ba8d6178-9bb4-43f6-9b46-74358f381a20
  9. Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?

Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?: So I just installed Windows 10, everything seems to be running great at the moment except for 1 thing, Cortana is still running in the background (taking up around ~30MBs of RAM), even after following Brink's tutorial (link). Is there a way to disable it completely? 9491
  10. Get Cortana back on

Get Cortana back on: I am signed into Windows 10 with a local account. When asked if I wanted to use Cortana, i stated no thanks. [img] How do I get it back? I want to use it with my local account using the following instructions. [img] I hope someone can assist. I have be using...