Windows 10: Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome

Discus and support Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It says Microsoft doesn't allow the settings to block websites on third party browsers. Is there a way you can make it work on third party browsers?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Matt Bruns, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome

It says Microsoft doesn't allow the settings to block websites on third party browsers. Is there a way you can make it work on third party browsers?

:)

Matt Bruns, Oct 6, 2021

2. Family Safety - Chrome Unblocking Itself

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue from here.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also, refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 6, 2021
  3. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is disabled

I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family safety, because my account is not part of a family safety group, and the wpcmon.exe family safety task
    is disabled. I verified this several times. In fact, when I go to my Microsoft account and click family, it asks if I want to set up a family, because I am not a part of a family safety group. I then disabled inheritance on wpcmon.exe, gave myself full control
    as the owner, and verified that all family safety services were disabled, but it still didn't work. I am also 20 years old. So how is Firefox being blocked?

LiamPhillips3, Oct 6, 2021
  4. RenaldasP Win User

Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome

Family Safety doesn't work on power saver

I tried everything you suggested, but nothing worked. I think the problem is that power saver restricts running Family Safety and other apps from running in the background. I can manually enable an app in the Settings, but there's no such app like Family
    Safety in the list.

RenaldasP, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome

1. Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome - Similar Threads - Microsof Family safety

2. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  3. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  4. Family Safety not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  5. Family Safety not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  6. Family Safety not working

7. Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome: It says Microsoft doesn't allow the settings to block websites on third party browsers. Is there a way you can make it work on third party browsers?...
  8. Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome

Is there a way to get Microsof Family safety to work on Firefox and Chrome: It says Microsoft doesn't allow the settings to block websites on third party browsers. Is there a way you can make it work on third party browsers?...
  9. Family Safety not working

Family Safety not working: When my son logs in Windows he is given two options : use pin code use Microsoft password When he uses the pin code however the family safety is not working. Any suggestions?...
  10. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...: I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family safety, because my account is not part of a family safety group, and the wpcmon.exe family safety task is disabled. I...