Windows 10: Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it?

Discus and support Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there. I've developed a problem with my laptop since a screen change, and cannot launch windows 10- I get the BSOD, and nothing on the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Craig Plant, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it?

Hi there. I've developed a problem with my laptop since a screen change, and cannot launch windows 10- I get the BSOD, and nothing on the troubleshooting page works. I think I need a whole new Windows install, but that is also not working either. Sadly, I have forgotten my Microsoft password, as I used my PIN exlusively for over a year so can't even get to the command prompt. If I reset my password via the web, the local version on my laptop won't pick up the change as Windows doesn't boot up.Is there a way I can get my current Microsoft Password without changing it so I can at least explor

:)

Craig Plant, Jun 8, 2023

2. Old account with forgotten password, want to change device account to current account

Reinstall the operating system.

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Redirecting

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Windows Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Changing forgotten/lost administrator password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info,
      go to the
      Reset your password
      webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Redirecting

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Windows Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Jacee Win User

Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it?

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it?

1. Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it? - Similar Threads - current Microsft password

2. I have forgotten my password and can not find a way to change it without using my password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten my password and can not find a way to change it without using my password.: I am able to log into my computer through the pin, but I am worried over the fact that I do not know my password incase I will need it. I can not find an option to change my password that does not require me to put in my password. I am up to date on all the windows 11 updates...
  3. I have forgotten my password and can not find a way to change it without using my password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have forgotten my password and can not find a way to change it without using my password.: I am able to log into my computer through the pin, but I am worried over the fact that I do not know my password incase I will need it. I can not find an option to change my password that does not require me to put in my password. I am up to date on all the windows 11 updates...
  4. Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it?: Hi there. I've developed a problem with my laptop since a screen change, and cannot launch windows 10- I get the BSOD, and nothing on the troubleshooting page works. I think I need a whole new Windows install, but that is also not working either. Sadly, I have forgotten my...
  5. Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get my current Microsft password that I've forgotten without changing it?: Hi there. I've developed a problem with my laptop since a screen change, and cannot launch windows 10- I get the BSOD, and nothing on the troubleshooting page works. I think I need a whole new Windows install, but that is also not working either. Sadly, I have forgotten my...
  6. Hi... I've forgotten my password to log into my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi... I've forgotten my password to log into my PC: Hi... I unfortunatley forgotten the password to log into my windows 10 PC... Can you help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-ive-forgotten-my-password-to-log-into-my-pc/15b0cab3-4c56-4c3a-985f-31a6dfe357d9
  7. Hi... I've forgotten my password to log into my PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hi... I've forgotten my password to log into my PC: Hi... I unfortunatley forgotten the password to log into my windows 10 PC... Can you help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-ive-forgotten-my-password-to-log-into-my-pc/15b0cab3-4c56-4c3a-985f-31a6dfe357d9
  8. change forgotten password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    change forgotten password: hi, i have a laptop with windows 10 that i have forgotten the password to. i know the pin and can get into the laptop but i want to be able to change the password. i don't have security questions set up. it is the local account password not the microsoft account password....
  9. forgotten my current password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten my current password: hi when i try to change my pc to MS log in it asks for my current account password but is not accepting it, what am i doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-my-current-password/2efd0ef0-c4bf-44d8-a22e-9db49bea34e7"
  10. i've forgotten my user password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i've forgotten my user password: whatever password I enter is wrong - how to find the one the system thinks I should be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-forgotten-my-user-password/ac0c8219-d2ea-4376-86ab-5bcf789de16e"