Windows 10: Is there a way to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click?

Discus and support Is there a way to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a setting that allows me to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click? They remind me of the old Windows operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BenjaminShafran, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Is there a way to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click?

Hello,

Is there a setting that allows me to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click? They remind me of the old Windows operating systems that I grew up around and I feel like it takes away from some of the modern aspects of Windows 10. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I've attached 2 images to show you what I mean. Is there a way to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click? 21105385-8dd5-4a9a-b5ed-3183188358b7?upload=true.jpg Is there a way to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click? 2d115546-c1de-474d-b2e9-6fe8564bbc49?upload=true.jpg

:)

BenjaminShafran, Nov 28, 2020

2. Black Dot and Numbers filled up in the password box and the Notepad

Hello,

There are several ways to troubleshoot sign-in issues in Windows 10. Since the system automatically fills out the password box with black dots and already did a few troubleshooting steps, we suggest creating a new user account to see if this issue will occur
    on a new user profile. This will help you check if your current user account is corrupted. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Mail app- dot appears in text box.

Hi, P. Sanders.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would request you to send a screen shot of the "Dot" that appears on your mail app.

As of now, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooter”
    • Click on troubleshooter, on the left view pane, locate “View All”.
    • Then locate and click on “Windows Store Apps”.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Is there a way to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click?

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click?

1. Is there a way to get rid of the black-dotted boxes around things I click? - Similar Threads - rid black dotted

2. How do I get rid of this black box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this black box: i was trying to test my pc by pressing every button on my keyboard and afterwards a small black box appeared on the bottom right of my screen and will only appear when in a game...
  3. How do I get rid of this black box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this black box: i was trying to test my pc by pressing every button on my keyboard and afterwards a small black box appeared on the bottom right of my screen and will only appear when in a game...
  4. Black box around jpg thumbnails

Black box around jpg thumbnails: Installed a new PC a couple weeks ago. Windows 11.For some reason, all of my thumbnail JPGs have a black box around them.Everything is updated.Need some advice on how to fix this. Thanks....
  5. A black box on my home screen.Is there any way to get rid of it ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A black box on my home screen.Is there any way to get rid of it ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Creative_Sundae4509 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6xgf0/a_black_box_on_my_home_screenis_there_any_way_to/
  6. How do I get rid of this weird Black and White outline around everything that I click?

How do I get rid of this weird Black and White outline around everything that I click?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XER0GRAVITY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldk67b/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_weird_black_and_white/
  7. Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on: I have a black text box surround anything I click my cursor on and sometimes just when I hover with my cursor. This started suddenly. I have turned off the magnifier and turned off narrator. Any suggestions? [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. How do I get rid of the black thing

How do I get rid of the black thing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nstirbu16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7z841/how_do_i_get_rid_of_the_black_thing/
  9. Black Box around mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Box around mouse cursor: I have an employee remoting into their office computer from home using the Remote Desktop Connection. For the first couple of weeks, things seemed fine, but today he started having a black box encompass his mouse cursor. I've been helping him all day but I cannot find a...
  10. How Do I Get Rid of This Dotted Border Around a Table in Word 2016?

How Do I Get Rid of This Dotted Border Around a Table in Word 2016?: Hi All. I've tried all of the border/shading tweaks, table tweaks, playing with some advanced options, etc., but the dreaded dotted border persists. Easiest thing to do is show you an image of what I mean. This is a resume, and I don't want anyone opening up to find the ugly...