Windows 10: Is there a way to give distinct names to more than one of the same kind of Bluetooth headset?

Discus and support Is there a way to give distinct names to more than one of the same kind of Bluetooth headset? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all. For several years I have been using only the Sony WI-C400 Bluetooth headset, of which I try always to keep two or three working exemplars... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pithecanthropus, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Is there a way to give distinct names to more than one of the same kind of Bluetooth headset?

Hello all.

For several years I have been using only the Sony WI-C400 Bluetooth headset, of which I try always to keep two or three working exemplars on hand. For several reasons which need not detain us now, these have turned out to be far and way the best headsets for my purposes, which is why they're the only ones I buy. Hint: I haven't actually bought that many of them, because they hold up very well.

On my Android phone, I can rename paired Bluetooth devices so I can have multiple WI-C400 headsets paired to the phone. This works for me because I typically alternate wearing and charging the different headsets. When I want to listen to something on the phone all I have to do is turn on the headset and it connects to the phone automatically without any intervention from me, because the phone recognizes each of the different headsets I have.

But on my Windows laptop, I don't see any option to rename multiple exemplars of the same headset model. As I type this, there is a WI-C400 headset paired to the laptop, but that was the white headset I was using last night, and not the grey headset I'm wearing right now. So if I wanted to use the grey headset to watch a video now, I would now have to delete the white headset which is already paired, and then repair the laptop to the grey headset. It's rather a hassle.

Does Windows 10 provide a way to rename Bluetooth devices? Is there some deeply hidden Windows option to enable it?

:)

Pithecanthropus, Sep 27, 2020

2. bluetooth headset?

Hello,

Can you sugegst me which bluetooth headset i shd buy for any mobile? (at present i'm using nokia 5800)

jabra,plantronics,nokia,samsung,bluedio,other??

Code: http://shop.ebay.in/Bluetooth-Headsets-/119502/i.html[/quote] Plz check above eBay India listing and tell some good options within 1000/- INR.

thx..

freebird_9924, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Bluetooth Headsets

I am currently in the market for a set a bluetooth headset. I noticed this and was rather interested, I love the design, and I love the price, is their anyone out there, who can provide info on these or another set of headphones, or bluetooth headsets in general. Thanks in advance.

[H]@RD5TUFF, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Is there a way to give distinct names to more than one of the same kind of Bluetooth headset?

Bluetooth headset is not working consistently

Dennis,

Appreciate the prompt response and comments are updated inline to your queries. Let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Adarsh

AdarshDogra, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to give distinct names to more than one of the same kind of Bluetooth headset?

1. Is there a way to give distinct names to more than one of the same kind of Bluetooth headset? - Similar Threads - distinct names more

2. How to view more than one image on same page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to view more than one image on same page: I have dozens of images in one folder and am trying to open and view not print 4 at once on the pane at the right so I can either rename or delete. But all I get are icons, not the images themselves no matter how many of the options at the View Tab. I use Photoshop. I also...
  3. How to view more than one image on same page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view more than one image on same page: I have dozens of images in one folder and am trying to open and view not print 4 at once on the pane at the right so I can either rename or delete. But all I get are icons, not the images themselves no matter how many of the options at the View Tab. I use Photoshop. I also...
  4. How to view more than one image on same page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth headset not visible kind of

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset not visible kind of: I recently downgraded from windows 11 to 10 using compatibility mode + a windows 10 1509 image as trying to downgrade normally with a 21H2 image would not let me keep files and apps, rebuilding the boot files, and later updating to 21H2 in short, following this guide. I had...
  6. Bluetooth headset not visible kind of

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset not visible kind of: I recently downgraded from windows 11 to 10 using compatibility mode + a windows 10 1509 image as trying to downgrade normally with a 21H2 image would not let me keep files and apps, rebuilding the boot files, and later updating to 21H2 in short, following this guide. I had...
  7. Bluetooth headset not visible kind of

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  9. Quick Assist: give assistance to more than one PC at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist: give assistance to more than one PC at once: I am using Quick Assist on Windows 10 to remotely help my brother who has networking problems between his 3 PCs. To do this effectively I need to view and control at least two of his PCs at the same time. Wikipedia says this is possible, but no seach query I can come up...
  10. More than one user name for Outlook.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    More than one user name for Outlook.: How do I access either address? Only one will come up in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-than-one-user-name-for-outlook/9dc5907c-7a89-49bd-99e8-578ee1816b77"