Windows 10: Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?

Discus and support Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know you can toggle one or the other, but it would be nice to have both. submitted by /u/NiceShoesWannaDuck [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NiceShoesWannaDuck, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?

/u/NiceShoesWannaDuck, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 7, 2020
  3. KeithM Win User
    How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Aug 7, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?

1. Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu? - Similar Threads - both powershell command

2. Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.: I have been having trouble opening up command prompt and Power Shell. Every time I attempted to open up command prompt, it would close immediately or it will give me the following message: ```[process exited with code 3221225477 0xc0000005]You can now close this terminal with...
  3. Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.: I have been having trouble opening up command prompt and Power Shell. Every time I attempted to open up command prompt, it would close immediately or it will give me the following message: ```[process exited with code 3221225477 0xc0000005]You can now close this terminal with...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  5. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  6. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. WinX menu duplicates

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinX menu duplicates: After recovering my computer, the WinX menu is displaying duplicates of most items: task manager, powershell, run, etc... Does anyone know how to correct this? Thanks, in advance!...
  8. How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin): Hello, My new W10 installation has issues. I wrote a separate post about the Explorer Menu related issues. The others are related to the WinX menu: 1. POWERSHELL IMPOSSIBLE When I use the W10 menu and select that the command prompt should be replaced by Powershell, the menu...
  9. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838
  10. Context menu now has "Powershell" instead of "Command Prompt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu now has "Powershell" instead of "Command Prompt": So I updated to the CU over a week ago, and I noticed an odd change. The "Open command prompt here" option in the shift+right-click context menu has been replaced by "Open Windows Powershell here" instead. Powershell does not work with the apps I use (for example, an RPA...