Windows 10: Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels?

Discus and support Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to have the window title displayed next to my icons, but it's ridiculous that doing so forces them to not be grouped. Is there any kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThePhxRises, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels?

I want to have the window title displayed next to my icons, but it's ridiculous that doing so forces them to not be grouped.

Is there any kind of registry edit that'd enable labels without disabling grouping?

submitted by /u/ThePhxRises
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThePhxRises, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click a blank area on the taskbar and choose
      Taskbar Settings.

• Under Combine Taskbar Buttons, choose
      Always, hide labels.

• Exit Settings.

You may also go through How to use the taskbar
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels?

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels? :) Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels? :)

Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels? 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels?

1. Is there a way to have the taskbar always combine, but also show labels? - Similar Threads - taskbar always combine

2. How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?: I do not want to combine the icons on the taskbar but at the same time I need to hide the labels as they take up too much space. This was an available option in Windows 10 but for some reason, it seems like Windows 11 has taken a step backwards by removing options such as...
  3. How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?: I do not want to combine the icons on the taskbar but at the same time I need to hide the labels as they take up too much space. This was an available option in Windows 10 but for some reason, it seems like Windows 11 has taken a step backwards by removing options such as...
  4. Is it possible hide taskbar labels but not combine them? Not an option in dropdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible hide taskbar labels but not combine them? Not an option in dropdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/canuckathome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ublszi/is_it_possible_hide_taskbar_labels_but_not/
  5. "Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar: I have Combine taskbar buttons and combine buttons on other taskbars for multiple displays both set to "Always, hide labels," but they have recently started opening a second button again as you can see with Excel: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I get this to go back to just one...
  6. How to remove this link text from my taskbar? Combine taskbar(always,hide labels) not...

How to remove this link text from my taskbar? Combine taskbar(always,hide labels) not...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TheTimeTraveller2o [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcqcry/how_to_remove_this_link_text_from_my_taskbar/
  7. Is there any way to have the taskbar show in fullscreen?

Is there any way to have the taskbar show in fullscreen?: I am using the option of having the taskbar hide automatically and only show when you hover the mouse over it. I would like to be able to keep using this function in full screen mode. IE hover down while for example playing a video in full screen in order to toggle bluetooth...
  8. Show taskbar labels for ALL items?

Show taskbar labels for ALL items?: Hi! I want to show taskbar labels for everything - even if it's not open. I know how to do it for open applications, but it kinda defeats the point for me as the constant shifting of thing will ruin any possible muscle memory. Basically reason is - have a wide monitor now,...
  9. Is there any way to auto-hide the taskbar when a window is open but have it always showing...

Is there any way to auto-hide the taskbar when a window is open but have it always showing...: The title says it all. I'd like the taskbar to be hidden when a window is open and for it to come back (and stay back) when nothing is open/when everything is minimized. Like how Chrome OS does it. I don't mind installing additional software although I'd prefer not to if it...
  10. how do i always show taskbar labels?

how do i always show taskbar labels?: ditto always combine icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-always-show-taskbar-labels/8c7e445d-76eb-49ff-a941-85190164aea3