Windows 10: is there a way to have words only as a substitute for desktop icons?

Discus and support is there a way to have words only as a substitute for desktop icons? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a friend with a medical problem which makes it hard for him to identify icons visual agnosia. I think he could work much better on his computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by isabelhowell, Dec 3, 2023.

1. is there a way to have words only as a substitute for desktop icons?

I have a friend with a medical problem which makes it hard for him to identify icons visual agnosia. I think he could work much better on his computer if it used words instead of pictures to identify apps, shortcuts, etc. on his desktop.

:)

isabelhowell, Dec 3, 2023

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Dec 3, 2023
  4. is there a way to have words only as a substitute for desktop icons?

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

is there a way to have words only as a substitute for desktop icons?

1. is there a way to have words only as a substitute for desktop icons? - Similar Threads - words substitute desktop

2. is there a way to have words only as a substitute for desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to have words only as a substitute for desktop icons?: I have a friend with a medical problem which makes it hard for him to identify icons visual agnosia. I think he could work much better on his computer if it used words instead of pictures to identify apps, shortcuts, etc. on his desktop....
  3. is there a way to not have desktop icons transfer to new pc's on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to not have desktop icons transfer to new pc's on windows 11: is there a way to not have desktop icons transfer to new pc's on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-not-have-desktop-icons-transfer/f3d36f30-6e40-465f-b025-9b569e17c790
  4. is there a way to not have desktop icons transfer to new pc's on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to not have desktop icons transfer to new pc's on windows 11: is there a way to not have desktop icons transfer to new pc's on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-not-have-desktop-icons-transfer/f3d36f30-6e40-465f-b025-9b569e17c790
  5. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  6. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  7. Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?: I have a user with hand tremors and they inadvertently move icons on the desktop. Is there a way to lock down the desktop layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-lock-the-icons-in-place-on-the/38f7ed42-0479-4e53-9f31-d0f9bd95de0d
  8. Is there a way to have Rectangular Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have Rectangular Icons?: Vertical or horizontal rectangles instead of squared ones. It's quite annoying to cut something off the poster so it fits right with the Windows icon shape. Something like this but not only on desktop. https://i.stack.imgur.com/HCAMl.png Normally, if the whole image...
  9. Desktop only have on big icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop only have on big icon: I updated my windows a few minutes ago and after I updated it, the desktop only have one massive icon. But when I slide it over, the icon will change. How do I fix this? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. WORD ICON ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WORD ICON ON DESKTOP: I have several word documents on my desktop that are formatted for word with the W icon. But my MAIN word icon(shortcut) is white with NO word on it. I thought I repaired it last night but this morning it is back "white again". All my other microsoft icons on my desktop...