Windows 10: is there a way to hide inactive apps from Alt-Tab?

Discus and support is there a way to hide inactive apps from Alt-Tab? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have a duo monitor setup and have about 3-5 apps in my taskbar that i want to stay open and running in the background but i don't want them to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IC_Shopper, Jul 28, 2020.

1. is there a way to hide inactive apps from Alt-Tab?

i have a duo monitor setup and have about 3-5 apps in my taskbar that i want to stay open and running in the background but i don't want them to show up in Alt-Tab while i'm gaming as it screws me up when i have to Alt-Tab between the game and a gaming companion app like Chrome.

submitted by /u/IC_Shopper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IC_Shopper, Jul 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Kat Fish Win User
    Is there a way to hide a pre-installed App from the App list?

My phone came preloaded with a bunch of AT&T apps as well as others I dont want to see in my App list like Games. It just clutters the screen. In 6.5 you could customize your tab settings to hide these apps. Is there a way to hide them in 7?

Kat Fish, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Entegy Win User

is there a way to hide inactive apps from Alt-Tab?

Is there a way to hide a pre-installed App from the App list?

No you can't hide them, but I have a better way. What about uninstalling them completely?

From the start screen, swipe left to get to the app list and find the app you want to uninstall. Hold your finger down on the app until a menu appears and choose "uninstall" from that menu. Poof, gone is there a way to hide inactive apps from Alt-Tab? :D Note that you have to do this from the app list. HOlding
    your finger down on a Live Tile on the Start screen will just give you moving and pinning options.

If you do ever want the app back, visit the Marketplace
    on the phone and look in the AT&T category.

Entegy, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

is there a way to hide inactive apps from Alt-Tab?

1. is there a way to hide inactive apps from Alt-Tab? - Similar Threads - hide inactive apps

2. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  4. Is there any way to hide programs in the Alt-Tab menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to hide programs in the Alt-Tab menu?: basically the title. I have a few programs that I keep running on my pc at all times and I don't wanna tab into them is there any way that I can hide these programs from the Alt-Tab Menu specifically? Like for example, I keep OBS running every time my PC is on and I have...
  5. Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore: Alt+Tab is not working anymore to switch between open programs. Instead it just toggles between items in the open program. How can i fix this? I'm still on version 1909 but worked fine couple of days ago. Not sure what broke it. Maybe a recent windows update? Anybody else...
  6. Is there a way to hide the close tab on windows apps?

Is there a way to hide the close tab on windows apps?: Basically our company has an interactive touchscreen which is supposed to run chrome on startup with the company’s website. We don’t want random clients being able to close or minimize the website, so is there a way to stop this? submitted by /u/Pyr0Lover [link]...
  7. is there a way to hide apps from apps/features setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a way to hide apps from apps/features setting?: i want to make an app i have invisible in the apps/features settings is there any way i can do this, or rename the app, or do anything to hide it or what the app is?...
  8. Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?: I play video games on my PC in fullscreen and I have the windows key disabled most of the time. It's in the vicinity of important gaming keys like Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. I don't want the start menu popping up in the middle of my game so that's why I keep it disabled. Win + D...
  9. Hide program icon and its name when alt+tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide program icon and its name when alt+tab: Hello Shawn and Everyone, I want to ask please if there any way to hide the program icon and its name when alt+tab on Windows 10 (see the screenshot please): https://i.imgur.com/BjxOg0e.png any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and Best Regards to All. 118502
  10. Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10 When you press ALT+TAB or CTRL+ALT+TAB to switch between open windows in Windows 10, any windows in the background of ALT+TAB will show by default....