Windows 10: Is there a way to hide programs from the startup section of task manager?

Discus and support Is there a way to hide programs from the startup section of task manager? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have some programs like discord and steam that I want to stay hidden, but task manager proudly shows it like it's a medal. Is there any way to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DexArrow, Sep 4, 2018.

1. DexArrow Win User

Is there a way to hide programs from the startup section of task manager?

I have some programs like discord and steam that I want to stay hidden, but task manager proudly shows it like it's a medal. Is there any way to remove it there so I can have them like ninjas?

:)

DexArrow, Sep 4, 2018
  2. DexArrow Win User

I have some programs like discord and steam that I want to stay hidden, but task manager proudly shows it like it's a medal. Is there any way to remove it there so I can have them like ninjas?

DexArrow, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Is there a way to hide programs from the startup section of task manager?

Hi DexArrow,

This type of functionality is not built into Windows unfortunately.

However, here are a few different ways you can do this with third party applications:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/stealth-or-hide-run...

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

NathanT_06, Sep 6, 2018
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to hide programs from the startup section of task manager? - Similar Threads - hide programs startup

2. program in windows startup task manager view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program in windows startup task manager view: i have this program called "program" in task manager startup tabs is it safe to disable this program 176942
  3. Program called "Program" in Task manager startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program called "Program" in Task manager startup: [IMG] It seems to be a webcompanion file but I already deleted webcompanion. Is this a bug or a virus of some sort? How do I remove It? https://preview.redd.it/82yy4oc4ovn61.png?width=1172&format=png&auto=webp&s=68360225e8910df543757e443f0fd3e0c4a64bb0 submitted by...
  4. Programs not quitting, instead hiding to task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not quitting, instead hiding to task manager: when I close programs, they may not actually close, but continue to run and use my processing power, while only being viewable via the task manager. this only started happening recently, maybe a week ago. I've only seen this happen in games payday 2, r6s, rocket league,...
  5. Task Manager hiding my programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager hiding my programs: Hey Gang, I've been having a problem when I open certain programs (Adobe Animate). I'll open it and it WILL run, but it won't show up on the taskbar or anywhere else. the only way I can manage to see it is when I go to task manager, end the program and run it again. I have...
  6. Unspecified Program in Startup Apps and in Task Manager/Startup

Unspecified Program in Startup Apps and in Task Manager/Startup: An unspecified program named "Program" resides in Startup Apps and in Task Manager's Startup app. The command line as seen in Task Manager is "C:\Program" Files\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=PROPLUS. Startup type is Registry. Teams.exe does indeed...
  7. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  8. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  9. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  10. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...