Windows 10: Is there a way to immediately lock the screen after the screen goes off? Screensaver...

Discus and support Is there a way to immediately lock the screen after the screen goes off? Screensaver... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/complexramification [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/complexramification, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Is there a way to immediately lock the screen after the screen goes off? Screensaver...

/u/complexramification, Jul 12, 2020

2. Screensaver timeout overwrites screen timeout in lock screen

Dear all,

I have a weird issue in Windows 10 with the screensaver while the PC is locked.

The screensaver timeout seems to overwrite the screen timout in the power settings, unless I set those to "Never".

For example:

Wait time for screensaver: 15 minutes

Time for the screen to turn off in power settings: 30 minutes

-> When I lock my PC, the screen is turned off after 15 minutes

I can set the timeouts to any value I want (iE show screensaver after 1 minute and turn off screen after 1 hour), in lock screen the screen will always be turned of after the wait time in the screensaver settings.

Only when I set the screen timeout to "Never", the screensaver will play in lock screen after the defined wait time.

Is there any way to fix this?

Our communications department wants to share information via the screensaver, but as a company with emphasis on sustainability we still want the screens to power off after a while.

Thank you!

Sebastian Vonscheidt, Jul 12, 2020
  3. SamK_phx Win User
    Windows screensaver disabled after lock screen slideshow is enabled.

Hi,

Many people seem to be having this issue yet it is still not resolved and there is no explanation to why this happens... I enabled a lock screen slideshow and it disabled my screensaver. I enabled my screensaver and it disabled my lock screen slideshow.
    I have know idea why this happens. I just want to be able to have my lock screen slideshow when my pc is locked, and I want to have my screensaver when my pc goes to sleep after 5 min.

SamK_phx, Jul 12, 2020
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

Is there a way to immediately lock the screen after the screen goes off? Screensaver...

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

Is there a way to immediately lock the screen after the screen goes off? Screensaver...

1. Is there a way to immediately lock the screen after the screen goes off? Screensaver... - Similar Threads - immediately lock screen

2. Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.: Hi. So I have a recently purchased Asus TUF A-15 Gaming laptop with Nvidia RTX 3050 and Ryzen 7 with pre-installed Windows 11. It was working fine until recently when I updated the windows. Following the update, the screen goes black immediately after login but power stays on...
  3. Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.: Hi. So I have a recently purchased Asus TUF A-15 Gaming laptop with Nvidia RTX 3050 and Ryzen 7 with pre-installed Windows 11. It was working fine until recently when I updated the windows. Following the update, the screen goes black immediately after login but power stays on...
  4. Screen goes off after 10 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes off after 10 min: HP laptop Windows 11. The screen goes off after only 10 min idling after 18:15 GMT even though the setting is 2 hours. During the day, from 9 - 18:15 GMT the screen goes off after idling for 2 hours as set. Apparently, therefore, this strange behaviour is time related. But...
  5. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  6. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  7. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login: Hello, recently I have encountered the following problem: when I tried to enter the password to login, the screensaver would appear out of nowhere. When I terminated the screensaver it goes back to the lock screen again, stopping me from login. The loop does not end unless...
  9. Screen Goes to lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen Goes to lock: Whenever i put my laptop in sleep mode for a while, after turning it back on the screen displays locking and I have to turn it back on from shut down . How can I fix it , It didn't happened before but its quite often nowadays....
  10. Video screensaver/lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video screensaver/lock screen?: On Windows 8, I could set a video as my screensaver. I would choose slideshow for my screensaver and choose a folder with the video in it, and it would loop without issue. I can't get Windows 10 to do the same thing. Yes, the file is a "windows media video". How can I...